Simple Indonesian fish curry
Mild curries that the whole family can enjoy are always handy and this one won’t disappoint. Serve it with sautéed Asian greens and jasmine rice or quinoa.
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 40g butter
- 6 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- ½ tsp coriander seeds, crushed with flat of knife to break open
- 3cm fresh ginger, peeled and minced or finely chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass, white inner bulb only, minced or finely chopped
- 1 tsp onion powder (optional)
- 600g white-fleshed fish (flathead or snapper for “fall-apart” texture or blue-eye or ling for firmer “chunky” texture)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 × 400mL tin coconut milk
- ½ lime
- Heat oil and butter over medium heat. Add white parts of spring onions, curry powder, coriander seed, ginger, minced lemongrass and onion powder and fry for 1-2 mins.
- Salt fish, add to pan and scatter garlic over. Turn after 1-2 mins.
- Add 1½ cups of coconut milk and scatter most of green chopped spring onion in. Squeeze in lime juice.
- Bring to simmer for 8-9 mins until fillets can be flaked apart (test with one rather than breaking them all up).
- Serve over a bed of whatever you like — cauliflower rice, zoodles, rice noodles, rice and zucchini.
Grilled Ginger Tuna with Avocado, Pea and Mint Smash Recipe
Enjoy this healthy tuna dish with a delicious avocado, pea and mint smash.
Coconut Fish Bites Recipe
These fish bites are baked, not fried, so they are a much healthier take on crumbed fish.
BBQ Fish Taco with Salsa and Coriander Dressing
This Mexican-inspired dish is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, which are vital for healthy brain function. memory and...