Slow-Cooked Lamb and Pomegranate Salad Recipe
Lamb is a good source of vitamin B12 which plays a vital role in healthy nervous system and brain function. B12 is also an important vitamin needed for red blood cell production. Lamb is rich in protein to provide your body with the amino acids it needs to build and repair muscles, maintain healthy hair, skin and nails and heal wounds. Lamb is also an excellent source of iron, which is extremely important for strengthening the immune system.
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- 3 lamb shanks, grass-fed organic
- 1 cup chicken bone broth
- 1 tin crushed tomatoes
- Good pinch sea salt & pepper
- Handful crumbled feta
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 2 big handfuls green leaves (baby kale, baby spinach, rocket)
- Handful mint leaves, roughly chopped
- In small bowl mix cumin, coriander, ginger, cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Cover lamb shanks with seasoning mix.
- In frying pan over medium heat sauté onion and garlic in olive oil and brown lamb shanks on all sides.
- Place onion and lamb shanks in slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and add chicken bone broth and tomatoes.
- Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6–7 hours.
- Prepare salad by tossing green leaves with pomegranate seeds, mint and feta.
- Transfer lamb shanks to plate and place the cooking juices in jug to serve as sauce.
- Shred lamb from bone and toss through salad. Serve with sauce from slow cooker.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Berry and apple jellies
Fun to make and delicious to eat - these berry and apple jellies sure are a treat
No refined sugars and loads of fruit make this vegan tropical iceblock recipe a real winner
Cherry and almond sorbet
This simple cherry and almond sorbet recipe doesn’t require an ice-cream machine, and it's vegan-friendly too. What are you waiting...