Smoked Kransky and Sweet Potato Stew with Red Sauerkraut Recipe
Be sure to buy the best-quality kransky sausages you can find at a reputable butcher or deli as they are the star of this dish and will not be the same with supermarket substitutes. Traditional German stews use white potatoes, but I’ve swapped with sweet potatoes for additional fibre and to lower the GI of the meal.
- 3 smoked kransky sausages, sliced into discs
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ small white cabbage, diced
- ¼ tsp caraway seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced into discs
- 600mL chicken stock or water
- 1 tbsp apple-cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley
- Salt & ½ tsp ground white pepper
- 4 tbsp red sauerkraut
- Cook kransky sausage slices in large frying pan over high heat. Brown well on both sides as this will add a lot of flavour to stew.
- Add onion and cook until softened and starting to brown, then add cabbage, caraway seeds and garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Transfer mix to slow cooker and add sweet potato and chicken stock. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Stir in apple-cider vinegar and parsley, and season with salt and pepper. Serve in bowls topped with sauerkraut.
Smoked Salmon with Zucchini Pasta Recipe
This gluten-free zucchini pasta recipe is perfect for summer days when you're craving pasta without that heavy carb feeling.
Organic Chickpea Fusilli — Explore Cuisine
With an appetizing Mediterranean and Middle Eastern flair, Explore Cuisine’s Chickpea Fusilli is a healthy choice that will please the...
Organic Black Rice Fusilli — Explore Cuisine
The blended organic red, brown and black rice make this pasta truly exceptional and “one-of-a-kind”. The rice is cultivated in...
Organic Thai Red Rice Rigatoni — Explore Cuisine
Explore Cuisine’s Thai Red Rice Rigatoni is a healthy choice that will please the family and simplify your life. Cooks...