Smoked Kransky and Sweet Potato Stew with Red Sauerkraut Recipe
Be sure to buy the best-quality kransky sausages you can find at a reputable butcher or deli as they are the star of this dish and will not be the same with supermarket substitutes. Traditional German stews use white potatoes, but I’ve swapped with sweet potatoes for additional fibre and to lower the GI of the meal.
- 3 smoked kransky sausages, sliced into discs
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ small white cabbage, diced
- ¼ tsp caraway seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced into discs
- 600mL chicken stock or water
- 1 tbsp apple-cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley
- Salt & ½ tsp ground white pepper
- 4 tbsp red sauerkraut
- Cook kransky sausage slices in large frying pan over high heat. Brown well on both sides as this will add a lot of flavour to stew.
- Add onion and cook until softened and starting to brown, then add cabbage, caraway seeds and garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Transfer mix to slow cooker and add sweet potato and chicken stock. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Stir in apple-cider vinegar and parsley, and season with salt and pepper. Serve in bowls topped with sauerkraut.
Quinoa and Brussels Sprouts Salad Recipe
This is a nice fresh way to serve Brussels sprouts. The sprouts are raw so make sure you slice them...
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
If you’re not normally a lover of Brussels sprouts, this dish is sure to turn you into a fan! The...
Fig, Hazelnut and Goat’s Cheese Tart Recipe
This tart is the perfect bring-along if you’re invited to dinner and want to contribute a dessert with some wow...
Chicken and Thyme Pot Pies Recipe
Pies are one of my favourite ways to add comfort during the autumn and winter months. I feel a little...