Smoked Kransky and Sweet Potato Stew with Red Sauerkraut Recipe
Be sure to buy the best-quality kransky sausages you can find at a reputable butcher or deli as they are the star of this dish and will not be the same with supermarket substitutes. Traditional German stews use white potatoes, but I’ve swapped with sweet potatoes for additional fibre and to lower the GI of the meal.
- 3 smoked kransky sausages, sliced into discs
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ small white cabbage, diced
- ¼ tsp caraway seeds
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large sweet potato, sliced into discs
- 600mL chicken stock or water
- 1 tbsp apple-cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp flat-leaf parsley
- Salt & ½ tsp ground white pepper
- 4 tbsp red sauerkraut
- Cook kransky sausage slices in large frying pan over high heat. Brown well on both sides as this will add a lot of flavour to stew.
- Add onion and cook until softened and starting to brown, then add cabbage, caraway seeds and garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Transfer mix to slow cooker and add sweet potato and chicken stock. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Stir in apple-cider vinegar and parsley, and season with salt and pepper. Serve in bowls topped with sauerkraut.
Fragrant Chicken Broth with Tofu Recipe
This fragrant broth is filled with so much goodness that just the aroma makes you feel better. Enjoy our Fragrant...
Gluten-Free Chocolate Pancakes with Mocha Fudge Sauce Recipe
These delicious gluten-free pancakes make the perfect weekend breakfast or afternoon treat.
5 healthy whole grains to add to your weekly food plan
A triple treat — nutritious, delicious and numerous — grains are powerhouses of nourishment and each of the many varieties...
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...