Smoked Tofu, Avocado & Asparagus Vegan Benedict Recipe
Memorable meals can easily be reproduced with vegan ingredients, and this tofu benedict will wow you with the similarity to the traditional but less healthy version.
- 350g smoked tofu, sliced thinly
- 2 avocados, halved & skin removed
- 2 bunches asparagus, bottoms trimmed
- Salt, to taste
- 2 wholemeal English muffins, halved
- Hollandaise Sauce
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp apple-cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried tarragon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ cup of microgreens, to serve
- To make the Hollandaise Sauce, place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and puree until smooth. Set aside.
- Place the tofu on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper, sprinkle with salt on both sides.
- Place into a 200°C preheated oven and bake until crispy, about 20 mins.
- Blanch the asparagus in boiling water for a couple of mins then cool in cold water.
- Toast the muffins.
- Heat the hollandaise sauce in the microwave.
- Place the toasted muffins on a platter, add asparagus, place a few slices of tofu on top and then half an avocado, dome facing up.
- Pour over some hollandaise and top with microgreens.
Jamaican Eggplant Jerk & Watermelon Salad Recipe
This vegan recipe uses classic Jamaican flavours that balance the sweet with the spicy. The perfect meal for family sharing...
Sweet Corn Puree With Baked Cauliflower & Spinach
This recipe transforms wholesome sweet corn into a heavenly miso-flavoured puree to match with baked cauliflower and sautéed spinach.
Spicy Roasted Chickpeas Recipe
These crunchy roasted chickpeas are delicious as a healthy snack, as an appetiser with olives, dips, or to add some...
Herb & Feta Hummus Recipe
This wholesome low GI hummus recipe is loaded with dietary fibre and protein, and makes for a delicious dip, spread...