Spicy Roasted Chickpeas Recipe
Chickpeas are a fabulous source of fibre and protein to help support digestive health, reduce cholesterol levels, and provide amino acids to repair and regenerate the body. Chickpeas also supply plenty of B vitamins and iron, which are important for energy production and to transport oxygen around the body. These roasted chickpeas are delicious eaten as a healthy snack, as an appetiser with olives, dips, or to add some extra crunch to your next salad.
- 2 x 400g cans of chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 tbsp cold-pressed extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp sweet paprika
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Pat chickpeas well between two paper towels to dry.
- Combine spices in a medium bowl.
- Toss chickpeas in olive oil and then spread them out evenly on a baking tray.
- Bake for 40 mins, tossing every 15 mins, until they’re dry and golden brown.
- Toss chickpeas in spices and then serve.
Jamaican Eggplant Jerk & Watermelon Salad Recipe
This vegan recipe uses classic Jamaican flavours that balance the sweet with the spicy. The perfect meal for family sharing...
Sweet Corn Puree With Baked Cauliflower & Spinach
This recipe transforms wholesome sweet corn into a heavenly miso-flavoured puree to match with baked cauliflower and sautéed spinach.
Herb & Feta Hummus Recipe
This wholesome low GI hummus recipe is loaded with dietary fibre and protein, and makes for a delicious dip, spread...