Spiced Sweet Potato and Okra Puffs Recipe
Okra makes a surprising addition to these lovely spiced puffs, which are perfect for lunch or lunch boxes, or as a side for dinner.
- 1 tbsp butter or oil
- 1 onion, peeled & diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 100g okra, sliced into roughly 2cm pieces, hard stems removed
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 sheets good-quality puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Add butter or oil to saucepan and place on medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté for 5 mins, until soft.
- Next, add sweet potato, salt, okra, tomato and chickpeas and cook for 15 mins, until just tender.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 4 quarters and to each add some mixture, folding over corner and sealing around edges.
- Place parcels on lined baking tray and bake for 15 mins, or until pastry is golden.
Split Pea Pie with Sweet Potato Topping Recipes
A pastry-free alternative loaded with maximum comfort and nutrition. This would also work well with any leftover legume-based dish you...
Vegetable Curry Pie Recipe
Clive of India curry powder is one of my favourite curry powders when it comes to making pies. When the...
Spinach Goat’s Cheese and Pine Nut Tarts Recipe
This tart is a trusty friend when you want to take something simple but special along to a potluck feast...
Brussels Sprout, Kale and Feta Pie Recipe
Paying homage to the humble Brussels sprout, this pie is a lovely combination of deliciousness and goodness. Packed with fibre,...