Spiced Sweet Potato and Okra Puffs Recipe
Okra makes a surprising addition to these lovely spiced puffs, which are perfect for lunch or lunch boxes, or as a side for dinner.
- 1 tbsp butter or oil
- 1 onion, peeled & diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 100g okra, sliced into roughly 2cm pieces, hard stems removed
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 sheets good-quality puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Add butter or oil to saucepan and place on medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté for 5 mins, until soft.
- Next, add sweet potato, salt, okra, tomato and chickpeas and cook for 15 mins, until just tender.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 4 quarters and to each add some mixture, folding over corner and sealing around edges.
- Place parcels on lined baking tray and bake for 15 mins, or until pastry is golden.
Mauritian Lentil Soup
This Mauritian-inspired red lentil soup is the ultimate comfort food. Easy to whip together, it’s warming to the body, with...
Oven-Baked Vegie Fritters
These tasty vegie fritters are loaded with dietary fibre for good bowel health, beta-carotene for healthy vision and complex carbohydrates...
Give sugar the flick with this honey-sweetened lemon tart: you’ll never look back. If you are a real honey fan...
English Baked Beans on Toast
Tinned baked beans are full of sugar and salt. Once you’ve tried this recipe, you won’t buy tinned beans ever...