Spiced Sweet Potato and Okra Puffs Recipe
Okra makes a surprising addition to these lovely spiced puffs, which are perfect for lunch or lunch boxes, or as a side for dinner.
- 1 tbsp butter or oil
- 1 onion, peeled & diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 100g okra, sliced into roughly 2cm pieces, hard stems removed
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 sheets good-quality puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Add butter or oil to saucepan and place on medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté for 5 mins, until soft.
- Next, add sweet potato, salt, okra, tomato and chickpeas and cook for 15 mins, until just tender.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 4 quarters and to each add some mixture, folding over corner and sealing around edges.
- Place parcels on lined baking tray and bake for 15 mins, or until pastry is golden.
Beetroot and Feta Croquette Appetiser Recipe
These simple beetroot and feta croquettes offer an easy, delicious and colourful appetiser to add to your entertaining menu.
Lemon Risotto Croquettes with Pesto Recipe
These delicious gluten-free croquettes are perfect served as an appetiser or as a vegetarian meal topped with marinara sauce, parmesan...
Coconut & Hemp Crumbed Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Pumped with plant protein and essential fats, these gluten-free crumbed Brussels sprouts are the ultimate vegan snack, side or lunch!
Mushroom & Pea Brown Rice Risotto Recipe
Looking for a wholesome dinner option? Try this plant-based brown rice risotto, full of fresh veggies and flavours for a...