Spiced Sweet Potato and Okra Puffs Recipe
Okra makes a surprising addition to these lovely spiced puffs, which are perfect for lunch or lunch boxes, or as a side for dinner.
- 1 tbsp butter or oil
- 1 onion, peeled & diced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 100g okra, sliced into roughly 2cm pieces, hard stems removed
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 sheets good-quality puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Add butter or oil to saucepan and place on medium heat.
- Add onion and sauté for 5 mins, until soft.
- Next, add sweet potato, salt, okra, tomato and chickpeas and cook for 15 mins, until just tender.
- Cut each sheet of puff pastry into 4 quarters and to each add some mixture, folding over corner and sealing around edges.
- Place parcels on lined baking tray and bake for 15 mins, or until pastry is golden.
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Quick Vegetarian Nachos Recipe
I love this meal for a midweek quickie when I have no protein to work with. I try to always...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Baked Sweet Potato Hash Browns Recipe
These hash browns can be enjoyed for breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner. The wholesome savoury flavours of sweet potato team...