Spiced Walnut and Date Bliss Balls Recipe
These bliss balls are the perfect sweet treat and the spices add a lovely warm and heated flavour. These would also be delicious with some dried ginger powder to create a ginger-nut flavour.
Makes: 12 bliss balls
- 100g dates
- 50g sultanas
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ ground cloves
- Zest & juice ½ lemon
- 100mL hot water
- 25mL coconut oil, melted
- 125g almond meal
- 50g walnuts
- To large bowl, add dates, sultanas, cinnamon, allspice, ground cloves and juice and zest of ½ lemon. Add hot water and mix together until dried fruit is well coated in spices. Put bowl aside and let stand for 30 mins, allowing dates and sultanas to absorb some of liquid.
- While you’re waiting for dried fruit to soak, add walnuts to blender and blend until you have crumb-like texture. Pour walnut crumbs out onto flat plate or board and put aside for later.
- Now, add dried fruit and spice mixture to blender and blend to smooth paste. Return this paste back to same bowl it came from and add coconut oil and almond meal. Mix all this together until well combined and place in freezer for 20 mins to firm up.
- I like to use a tsp to make sure all my bliss balls are roughly the same size. Using the tsp, grab small amount of the mixture, roll it between hands until it forms a small ball then roll it in walnut crumbs on plate. It should be roughly cherry tomato size. Once it’s been rolled in crumbs, place it on flat tray. Continue until all of mixture has been used.
- Place tray in fridge to allow bliss balls to firm up. After a couple of hours they should be ready to eat or can be stored in container in fridge for up to a week.
Banana Oat Breakfast Muffins Recipe
Packed with gluten-free goodness, these banana & oat breakfast muffins have the perfect balance of protein, healthy fats and carbohydrates.
BBQ Jackfruit Pizza Recipe
Do you want to create a sensation at the dinner table? This vegan jackfruit pizza will blow your dinner guests’...
Asparagus & Fennel Soup with Cumin-spiced Lotus Chips Recipe
Although fennel and asparagus are less common ingredients, this soup combines their flavours beautifully in a unique affair, perfect for...