Spicy Asian Omelette with Sprout Salad
This spicy Asian omelette with a sprout salad makes for a sensational, nourishing breakfast, lunch or light dinner. I really love a bit of heat in an omelette, especially when combined with a fresh, zesty salad like this one.
- Sprout Salad
- 100g bean sprouts
- ½ bunch fresh coriander leaves, picked from stems
- Juice 1 lime
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1 red chilli, to serve (optional)
- ½ cup roasted peanuts, to serve (optional)
- 2 tbsp tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp rice-malt syrup or honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 carrots, grated
- 4 spring onions
- 10 free-range or organic eggs, whisked
- 2cm fresh ginger, grated
- 3 red chillies, finely diced
- Sea salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- To make salad, mix all ingredients in bowl and toss through lime juice and seasoning.
- Make sauce by combining ingredients in small bowl.
- In small frying pan or crêpe pan, heat a little olive oil.
- Quarter carrots and spring onions, and cook ¼ for 1 min over medium heat, stirring well.
- Whisk eggs, ginger, chilli and seasoning together in large jug.
- Pour ¼ whisked egg mix over vegetables to cover.
- Once the edges are set (about 1 min), fold in half, cook for 1 more min and serve.
- Repeat until all omelettes are made.
- To serve, top with sprout salad, peanuts, optionally more fresh chilli and a drizzle of sauce.
- Time-saving tip: If you don’t want to make individual omelettes, you can always make it in a large frying pan (as you would a frittata) and finish it in the oven if it’s not set. Then cut into four triangles to serve with the salad and sauce.
Lime & Coconut Chilli Mussels
Chilli and mussels are a match made in heaven. Personally I adore the flavours in this Asian inspired dish more...
Spicy Salmon Poke Bowl
Most poke bowls call for a raw fish, but cooked pieces of fish go equally well and grab the spicy...
Fish tortillas are one of the most underrated Mexican dishes of all time. Instead of your regular takeaway Mexican joint...