Spinach, Tomato, Zucchini and Lentil Salad
Foods with strong flavours such as red onion, Kalamata olives and lentils work so well together and definitely become the heroes in this beautiful dish, all full of superfood nourishment.
GF, V, VG
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 8 cups baby spinach
- 1 × 420g tin brown lentils, rinsed & drained
- 16 kalamata olives pitted
- 1 bunch fresh basil leaves
- Heat large saucepan on medium heat. Add onion, tomato and zucchini. Stir, cover with lid and cook slowly until soft and tender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside to cool.
- Place baby spinach in bowl, add lentils, olives, basil and tomato mixture.
- Toss salad and serve.
Azifa Green Lentil Salad
If you’ve ever found lentils to be tough on your tummy, don’t despair — just give them a good soak...