Split Pea, Smoked Tofu and Barley Soup Recipe
When I was a kid, my mum made the best pea and ham soup. Now that I’m vegan I’ve created my plant-based version. Smoked tofu gives it the smokiness of ham.
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 sweet potato, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 carrot, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 cups green split peas
- 1 cup barley
- 300g smoked tofu, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1L liquid vegetable stock
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients into slow cooker and cook all day.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, add chopped parsley and serve.
Miso Broth, Brown Rice Noodles and Leafy Greens Recipe
This is one of my favourite noodle dishes. After a busy day you can have this nourishing tasty meal on...
Vegie Balls & Wholemeal Penne in Tomato Sauce with Pesto Recipe
This is my plant-based version of the classic Italian pasta and meatballs. You can make super-good balls from vegies and...
Plant-Based Butterbean Chickpea Tagine Recipe
Hands down some of the easiest yet wow-factor dishes are those that land in a slow cooker. The slow,...