Split Pea, Smoked Tofu and Barley Soup Recipe
When I was a kid, my mum made the best pea and ham soup. Now that I’m vegan I’ve created my plant-based version. Smoked tofu gives it the smokiness of ham.
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 sweet potato, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 carrot, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 cups green split peas
- 1 cup barley
- 300g smoked tofu, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1L liquid vegetable stock
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients into slow cooker and cook all day.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, add chopped parsley and serve.
We chat with Karen Sharman and Dom Mason from Gingerbread Folk
From humble beginnings, Gingerbread Folk has grown into a thriving enterprise. We sat down with Karen Sharman and Dom Mason...
No refined sugars and loads of fruit make this vegan tropical iceblock recipe a real winner
Cherry and almond sorbet
This simple cherry and almond sorbet recipe doesn’t require an ice-cream machine, and it's vegan-friendly too. What are you waiting...
Mango passionfruit chia pudding
Need a healthy breakfast or a lunch on the run? These vegan mango passionfruit chia puddings are the perfect solution