Split Pea, Smoked Tofu and Barley Soup Recipe
When I was a kid, my mum made the best pea and ham soup. Now that I’m vegan I’ve created my plant-based version. Smoked tofu gives it the smokiness of ham.
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 sweet potato, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 carrot, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 4 stalks celery, finely diced
- 2 cups green split peas
- 1 cup barley
- 300g smoked tofu, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1L liquid vegetable stock
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Place all ingredients into slow cooker and cook all day.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste, add chopped parsley and serve.
Are you in need of some breakfast inspiration? We think that Bircher muesli is one of the best breakfasts you...
Chunky Almond Granola
This chunky almond granola is jam-packed with dietary fibre to help lower cholesterol levels, along with B vitamins and slow-release...
Pear Spelt Pancakes with Strawberry Purée
Pears and strawberries are rich sources of vitamin C, which is vital for boosting immune function and for supporting adrenal...
Sugar-Free Vegan Mint Chocolate Chip Nice-Cream
It hardly seems possible to have a no-sugar healthy ice-cream that tastes so amazingly sweet and almost like the dairy...