Sponsor Recipes: Magimix share three delicious recipes for summer
See the recipes below for some of the delicious creations you can make with Magimix.
Chicken, Olive & Chickpea Tagine
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 large knob ginger, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- ½ large knob turmeric, sliced or grated
- Pinch saffron
- Pinch sweet paprika
- Pinch cinnamon
- ⅔ cups stock
- 750mL passata
- 2 chicken breasts, skin off, diced
- ½ cup green olives, pitted
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 tin cooked chickpeas, drained
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Coriander, parsley & chives, finely chopped, to serve
- Juice ½ lemon, to serve
- Heat oil and sweat onion, ginger, garlic and turmeric in Cook Expert on Expert program, speed 3 at 140°C for 5 mins.
- Add saffron, sweet paprika and cinnamon. Turn temperature to 100°C and speed 2A for 4–5 mins.
- Add stock, passata, chicken breasts, green olives, Kalamata olives, chickpeas, salt and pepper.
- Set speed to 1A and temperature to 105°C, simmer for 10–12 mins (or until chicken is cooked).
- Garnish with chopped coriander, parsley, chives and lemon juice.
Creamed Eggs, Smoked Salmon & Avocado
- 8 eggs
- ½ tbsp softened butter
- ¼ cup cream
- Salt, to season
- 8 slices toasted sourdough
- 1 avocado, sliced into quarters
- ¼ bunch chives
- Cracked pepper, to taste
- 12 slices smoked salmon
- In Magimix Cook Expert, crack eggs into steel bowl, add butter, cream and salt. Choose program Expert and set to speed 3 for 20 mins at 85°C.
- Press AUTO/START then prepare remaining ingredients.
- Toast sourdough and arrange salmon and avocado on top.
- Divide eggs evenly over 4 plates and serve.
Sweet Almond Scones
Makes: 12 scones
- Scone Mix
- 100g butter
- Pinch salt
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 1½ cups cream
- Scone Filling
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup flaked almonds
- ½ cup currants
- ½ cup cranberries
- ¼ cup almond meal
- Pinch cinnamon
- Flour, for dusting
- 120g melted butter
- ¼ cup apricot jam, warmed
- Place butter, salt and flour in steel bowl of Magimix Cook Expert. Select program Bake, Bread Brioche. Press AUTO. When program pauses after 1 min, scrape down sides of bowl and press AUTO. Add cream, then leave to rest.
- Meanwhile, to make scone filling, mix all ingredients in large clear Magimix processor bowl for 1–2 mins, until combined.
- Roll out dough to about 2cm thickness and brush with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with scone filling. Pour some more butter. Roll pastry to form long sausage. Cut into quarters and cut each quarter into 3.
- Place in tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 20–25 minutes at 185°C.
- Brush with apricot jam and serve warm.
Andi-Co Falcon share three delicious recipes like Miso Eggplant with Chilli Pork
Our sponsors Andi-Co Falcon share three delicious recipes like Miso Eggplant with Chilli Pork. Yum!
Christmas Chocolate Almond and Pistachio Cookies Recipe
Pistachios are laden with antioxidants, including lutein, beta-carotene and vitamin E, which makes them a healthy choice for looking after...
Strawberry & Pistachio Chocolate Bark Recipe
This is a really fun and simple recipe that kids can help you prepare at Christmas time.
Mango Passionfruit Chia Pudding Recipe
Fruity chia puddings are great for a refreshing everyday dessert or at a dinner party, dressed up in a fancy...