Sponsor Recipes: Magimix share three delicious recipes for summer
See the recipes below for some of the delicious creations you can make with Magimix.
Chicken, Olive & Chickpea Tagine
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 large knob ginger, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- ½ large knob turmeric, sliced or grated
- Pinch saffron
- Pinch sweet paprika
- Pinch cinnamon
- ⅔ cups stock
- 750mL passata
- 2 chicken breasts, skin off, diced
- ½ cup green olives, pitted
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 tin cooked chickpeas, drained
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Coriander, parsley & chives, finely chopped, to serve
- Juice ½ lemon, to serve
- Heat oil and sweat onion, ginger, garlic and turmeric in Cook Expert on Expert program, speed 3 at 140°C for 5 mins.
- Add saffron, sweet paprika and cinnamon. Turn temperature to 100°C and speed 2A for 4–5 mins.
- Add stock, passata, chicken breasts, green olives, Kalamata olives, chickpeas, salt and pepper.
- Set speed to 1A and temperature to 105°C, simmer for 10–12 mins (or until chicken is cooked).
- Garnish with chopped coriander, parsley, chives and lemon juice.
Creamed Eggs, Smoked Salmon & Avocado
- 8 eggs
- ½ tbsp softened butter
- ¼ cup cream
- Salt, to season
- 8 slices toasted sourdough
- 1 avocado, sliced into quarters
- ¼ bunch chives
- Cracked pepper, to taste
- 12 slices smoked salmon
- In Magimix Cook Expert, crack eggs into steel bowl, add butter, cream and salt. Choose program Expert and set to speed 3 for 20 mins at 85°C.
- Press AUTO/START then prepare remaining ingredients.
- Toast sourdough and arrange salmon and avocado on top.
- Divide eggs evenly over 4 plates and serve.
Sweet Almond Scones
Makes: 12 scones
- Scone Mix
- 100g butter
- Pinch salt
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- 1½ cups cream
- Scone Filling
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup flaked almonds
- ½ cup currants
- ½ cup cranberries
- ¼ cup almond meal
- Pinch cinnamon
- Flour, for dusting
- 120g melted butter
- ¼ cup apricot jam, warmed
- Place butter, salt and flour in steel bowl of Magimix Cook Expert. Select program Bake, Bread Brioche. Press AUTO. When program pauses after 1 min, scrape down sides of bowl and press AUTO. Add cream, then leave to rest.
- Meanwhile, to make scone filling, mix all ingredients in large clear Magimix processor bowl for 1–2 mins, until combined.
- Roll out dough to about 2cm thickness and brush with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with scone filling. Pour some more butter. Roll pastry to form long sausage. Cut into quarters and cut each quarter into 3.
- Place in tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 20–25 minutes at 185°C.
- Brush with apricot jam and serve warm.
Mushroom and Thyme Pasta Recipe
This pasta is one of my favourite vegetarian midweek meals. It’s quick and easy to make and really tasty. You...
Crispy Vegetable Pilaf with Chickpeas and Preserved Lemon Recipe
This is even quicker if you have the rice left over from a previous night and ready to go. Simple...
13 antioxidant foods and how to enjoy them
Antioxidants defend against cell-damaging free radicals, which increase your risk of disease and premature ageing. Including a variety of antioxidant-rich...
BBQ Tofu and Soba Noodle Rolls Recipe
This dish does require a little prep; however, it can be done the day before or in the morning. It’s...