Sponsor Recipes: The Bare Bird
Chicken and Chard Tart
- 1 cup besan (chickpea flour)
- 1 cup all-purpose gluten-free flour
- 50g butter
- 2 tsp sea salt
- ½ cup cold water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 bunch rainbow chard, leaves & stems chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 2 large red onions, sliced
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ cup water
- 400g Bare Bird chicken thigh fillets
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup mozzarella, roughly shredded
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Place flours, butter and sea salt into large food processor bowl and blitz for about 10 secs. Add water slowly while machine is running to form soft, pliable dough.
- Roll out dough between two sheets of baking paper and place into 20cm tart tin. Prick with fork and blind-bake for 10 mins. Remove from oven to cool while preparing filling.
- Add 1 tbsp olive oil to large frying pan and cook chard for 5 mins or until wilted and stems are tender. Cool slightly and then stir through the garlic and season with salt and pepper to taste. Place into a large bowl and set aside.
- In same pan, add onions and 1 tbsp olive oil and cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, for about 15 mins or until onion is soft. Reduce heat to low and add balsamic vinegar and water and cook for further 15 mins or until dark and caramelised.
- Add onions to chard and stir to combine.
- Add chicken to pan with remaining 1 tbsp olive oil and cook on medium–high heat for about 5 mins on each side, or until browned. Remove from pan and roughly shred into bite-sized pieces. Add chicken to onion and chard mixture. Season to taste.
- Scatter several pieces of mozzarella on bottom of tart shell and place filling on top, finishing with pine nuts and remaining mozzarella.
- Bake for 30 mins.
Bare Bird Chilled Oat and Chicken Soup with Jewelled Vegetables
- 100mL apple-cider vinegar
- 100g sugar
- 1 punnet blueberries
- 500mL chicken stock
- 600g diced chicken breast
- 600mL goat’s milk yoghurt
- 250mL oat milk
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Pinch sumac
- 120g celery, finely diced
- 120g green capsicum, finely diced
- 120g red capsicum, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, finely diced
- 4 baby Lebanese cucumbers, finely diced
- 100g green peas (frozen are fine)
- 50mL olive oil
- 2 tsp toasted buckwheat
- Bring vinegar and sugar to boil, then pour over blueberries and soak for 24 hrs in fridge.
- Bring chicken stock to boil, add diced chicken breast and blanch for 3 mins. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Whisk yoghurt, oat milk, cayenne pepper and sumac over low heat for 5 mins until just about to boil.
- Add chicken and cook for further 3 mins. Once hot (do not boil), spoon chicken out of mix and into serving bowls. Top with all diced vegetables, green peas, and pickled blueberries. Pour yoghurt and oat milk mix over top of each bowl, add drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle with toasted buckwheat for crunch.
- Note: The protein and probiotics in this meal make it a great post-workout meal, and excellent for gut health and muscle recovery.
- You can serve this dish hot, as goat’s milk yoghurt and oat milk won’t split, so can handle higher heat than other milks.
- 4 Bare Bird Marylands (alternatively you can use 8 Bare Bird Drumsticks)
- Pinch salt & pepper
- 3 tbsp plain flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 knobs butter
- 250ml chicken stock
- 3 tbsp cream
- 3 tbsp milk
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cover with 1 tbsp of flour, shaking off excess. Heat ovenproof frying pan or pot and add olive oil and 1 knob butter. Pan-fry chicken skin side down until golden and then turn.
- Place in oven for 15–20 mins or until cooked through. Remove from oven, and remove chicken pieces from pan, resting them skin side up.
- Add remaining 2 tbsp flour to oil left in pan, and stir with wooden spoon over low heat until flour has combined with oil. Scrape off chicken from bottom of pan, and continue to cook while ensuring the flour does not burn. Finally add stock slowly and stir continually until combined.
- Increase heat and cook to slightly reduce stock. Add cream and milk and return to simmer. Add second knob of butter and cook until sauce coats back of a spoon.
- Return chicken and any resting juices to pan, and smother chicken by turning through sauce. Serve in the oven dish with a beautiful salad on the side.
Andi-Co Falcon share three delicious recipes like Miso Eggplant with Chilli Pork
Our sponsors Andi-Co Falcon share three delicious recipes like Miso Eggplant with Chilli Pork. Yum!
Christmas Chocolate Almond and Pistachio Cookies Recipe
Pistachios are laden with antioxidants, including lutein, beta-carotene and vitamin E, which makes them a healthy choice for looking after...
Strawberry & Pistachio Chocolate Bark Recipe
This is a really fun and simple recipe that kids can help you prepare at Christmas time.
Mango Passionfruit Chia Pudding Recipe
Fruity chia puddings are great for a refreshing everyday dessert or at a dinner party, dressed up in a fancy...