Sponsor Recipes: Cabot Health's Nature Sweet
See the recipes below for some of the delicious creations you can make with Nature Sweet by Cabot Health.
Mango & Berry Chia Pudding
- 1 mango, diced
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ½ cup filtered water
- ¼ tsp Nature Sweet
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup berries of choice (strawberries, raspberries, blueberries) to top
- Place half of diced mango in blender or food processor with coconut milk, Nature Sweet and lemon or lime juice. Blend to a smooth consistency.
- Pour mango coconut mixture into container, adding chia seeds. Stir through, cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve, divide pudding mixture between two glasses or Mason jars, topping with remaining mango chunks and berries of choice.
Paleo-friendly Zucchini Pancakes
- 1 tbsp nut butter (peanut or almond), melted
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp almond meal
- ⅛ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp Nature Sweet
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 4 tbsp unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 1 zucchini, grated (excess water squeezed out)
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup berries, to serve (optional)
- In bowl, whisk nut butter with egg.
- Add almond meal, baking soda, Nature Sweet, cinnamon, vanilla essence and 2 tbsp milk to egg mixture. Stir to combine.
- Keep adding more milk 1 tbsp at a time until mixture thins and stirs easier.
- Stir zucchini into mixture.
- Heat large saucepan over medium heat and add olive oil to pan.
- Pour batter in ¼ cup increments into saucepan. Allow pancakes to cook for 2-3 mins on each side or until bubbles appear.
- Remove from pan and serve with berries of choice.
Healthy Banana Bread
- 2 cups ripe banana, mashed
- ¼ cup coconut or almond milk
- 1–2 tsp Nature Sweet, for extra sweetness (optional)
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- ¼ cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds, to top
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds, to top
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line loaf tin with baking paper or olive oil.
- Place banana, milk, Nature Sweet, oil and vanilla essence in blender and mix until well combined.
- Place rest of ingredients except for seeds in large bowl and combine. Add wet mixture to bowl and gently combine. Add seeds last, gently stirring through.
- Pour mixture into loaf tin, topping with additional seeds if desired. Place in oven for an hour or until golden brown.
- Serve warm or cold.
Choc Mint Fudge
- Mint Layer
- 2 medium ripe avocados
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- ½ tsp Nature Sweet
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tsp mint extract
- Dash sea salt
- Chocolate Layer
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- Blend all mint layer ingredients in food processor until smooth.
- Spread ⅔ of mint layer into square or rectangle baking dish lined with baking paper (leave remaining mint layer for final layer).
- Freeze for approx. 30 mins or until set.
- To make chocolate layer, add cacao and almond butter to leftover mint mix in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Spread chocolate mix over top of mint layer. Allow to freeze or refrigerate again until set.
- Cut into 2.5cm squares. Store in fridge.
Vegetable Curry Pie Recipe
Clive of India curry powder is one of my favourite curry powders when it comes to making pies. When the...
Spinach Goat’s Cheese and Pine Nut Tarts Recipe
This tart is a trusty friend when you want to take something simple but special along to a potluck feast...
20 of the best plant-based probiotics and prebiotics
You know by now that a healthy microbiome (the bacteria in your gut) is essential to good health. Everyone knows...
Mum's Ultimate Shepherd's Pie Recipe
This pie is a far cry from the basic meat and potato pie that most of us remember. The spices...