Luv-a-Duck share three delicious duck recipes
The Luv-a-Duck journey started in Arthur Shoppee’s backyard in the 1960s with a simple love of flavour and family. Today, that same love makes them Australia’s leading duck producer based in the heart of the Victorian Wimmera region.
Duck à L’orange
- 1 Luv-a-Duck Whole Duck
- Flaked salt
- 4-5 small wedges orange and pineapple
Warm grilled pineapple salad
- 1 pineapple, sliced
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 oranges
- 8 sprigs micro fennel
- 4 shallots
- 1 tbsp muscovado sugar (or use brown sugar as an alternative)
- 1 bunch coriander, thoroughly washed and finely chopped, keeping leaves and roots separate
- Preheat oven to 190°C. Remove duck from bag and drain any liquid, pat skin dry and season with salt.
- Place orange and pineapple wedges in cavity (ensuring it is not too full, allowing cavity to vent).
- Place duck in roasting pan. Roast for 40 mins per kg until golden brown. Remove from oven and leave to rest for 20 mins.
- To make salad, slice pineapple into long strips, peel and quarter oranges, cut fennel in halves and combine in bowl with any juice from oranges. Set aside.
- In heavy-based saucepan, melt muscovado sugar, then add pineapple and finely chopped coriander root. When coloured, cool on tray.
- When pineapple is just warm, add to fennel and oranges. Finely dice shallots and toss through pineapple mixture with coriander leaves and chilli flakes.
- Salt to taste. Serve immediately with roast duck.
Duck Breast with Sliced Cherry Brandy Sauce
- 2 Luv-a-Duck Fresh Duck Breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 400g tin black cherries in juice
- 3 tbsp brandy
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp festive spice (or pinch each cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice & cloves)
- 2 tsp arrowroot
- 1 tbsp water
- Steamed green beans
- Flaked almonds
- Fresh cherries, for garnish
- Roasted baby potatoes
- Heat ovenproof frying pan to a medium heat and preheat oven to 190°C.
- Pat dry duck breasts, score skin and lightly season skin with salt and pepper.
- Place in moderately hot pan skin side down, using no oil, for 5 mins until skin is golden. Turn and cook for a further 2 mins.
- Remove pan from heat and place in oven for a further 8-10 mins until duck breast is tender to touch.
- While duck is cooking, place cherries, brandy, sugar and spices into small saucepan and simmer for 5 mins. Blend together arrowroot and water until smooth. Add to cherries and stir until mixture boils and thickens.
- Remove duck and rest on chopping board for a few mins, then slice into thin medallions.
- To serve, spoon a little sauce onto serving plate and fan duck medallions over sauce. Accompany with steamed green beans and garnish with flaked almonds and fresh cherries. Serve roasted potatoes on side.
Tip: Reserve duck fat from rendering the duck in a small bowl and use to roast potatoes or vegetables
Confit Duck Legs, Pea Purée & Potatoes
- 1 × 500g Luv-a-Duck Confit Duck Legs
- 4–5 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 100g Luv-a-Duck Duck fat
- Rosemary leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cups frozen peas
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp alfalfa sprouts
- 2 lemon wedges
- Leave duck legs out of fridge for 30 mins before cooking to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place potatoes in large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil and boil for 6-8 mins, until tender. Drain, then cover pan and toss to roughen surface.
- Meanwhile heat duck fat in roasting pan in oven. Add potatoes, rosemary and garlic and season generously with salt. Carefully turn potatoes until completely covered with duck fat. Roast for 40 mins.
- In final 15 mins of cooking, place duck legs on lined baking tray and roast until golden.
- Add frozen peas to small saucepan and top with water. Bring to boil for 2-3 mins and immediately drain and run through cold water to retain bright green colour.
- Place peas, lemon juice, and 2 tbsp of water in blender and blend on high for 1 min until smooth.
- To serve, spread pea purée over plate with spoon and top with duck and crispy potatoes. Garnish with a few alfalfa sprouts and wedge of lemon.
Carman's share three healthy and delicious recipes
Carman's share three healthy and delicious recipes like Greenie Granola Smoothie Bowl.
Elysia Wellness Retreat and Spa share three healthy recipes like their famous Elysia Sauerkraut
Enjoy three delicious and healthy recipes from our sponsors Elysia Wellness Retreat and Spa.
The Bare Bird share three delicious chicken recipes for you and your family
The Bare Bird chicken products are 100 per cent antibiotic-free, accredited free-range and raised on a plant-based diet containing no...
Tilda share three delicious and healthy recipes
From their signature Pure Basmati to their exciting range of limited editions, Tilda products will inspire you to create delicious...