Sponsor Recipes: Magimix
See the recipes below for some of the delicious creations you can make with Magimix.
Steamed Snapper Fillets with Oriental Broth & Black Beans
- 600mL fish stock or water
- 1 cup mushrooms (shiitake & pig’s ear)
- 2 tsp tamari
- 1 tbsp dashi
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp black beans, soaked in water
- Generous pinch bonito flakes
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 4 baby snapper fillets (100–120g each)
- 1 tbsp finely sliced ginger
- 1 tbsp dried black beans, soaked in water
- Pinch sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 tbsp butter
- Add all broth ingredients to metal bowl of Magimix Cook Expert.
- Add steamer tray to top of metal bowl.
- Place sheet of baking paper in bottom of steamer basket and sprinkle a few leaves of coriander and spring onion on baking paper.
- Season fish and place on top of herbs. Garnish with sliced ginger, black beans and sesame seeds. Add half a teaspoon of butter to top of each fish fillet and place steamer basket to steamer tray. Place lid on basket.
- Press COOK > STEAM.
- Steam for 20 mins at 110°C or until fish is cooked.
- If using whole fish it will take up to 40 mins to cook.
- Place fish in bowl and ladle with broth, making sure to add some mushrooms.
- Garnish with spring onion.
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 large knob ginger, chopped
- 3 green chillies
- 4 spring onions
- ½ bunch coriander
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp white pepper
- Pinch saffron
- 2 tsp garam marsala
- ¼ cup ghee
- 2 chicken breasts, skin off, cut into 4cm dice
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup raisins
- 1 tbsp stevia
- 500mL chicken stock
- ½ cup yoghurt
- Blanched almonds, chopped & coriander leaves, to garnish
- To metal bowl, add onion, garlic, ginger, green chillies, spring onion and coriander. Choose EXPERT speed 13 and blend until pureed. Scrape down sides.
- Add chilli powder, pepper, saffron, garam marsala and ghee. Change speed to 2A and cook at 140 degrees for 8–10 mins to sweat paste.
- Add remaining ingredients and change to speed 1A > 120°C > 20 mins.
- Garnish with almonds and coriander leaves.
- Serve with rice.
Makes: 2 family-sized pizzas
- Pizza Doughs
- 500g plain flour
- 1 tbsp yeast (activated with warm water and flour)
- 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch salt
- ⅔ cup warm water
- Mozzarella cheese (cheese should be cold but not frozen)
- Basil leaves
- To make dough, add flour, yeast, oil and salt to the metal bowl. Select BREAD > Bake function. Press AUTO.
- After ingredients start to combine remove cap and add warm water.
- When program stops, Press AUTO again to knead dough.
- To prove, select EXPERT > Speed 0 > 40 mins > 40°C.
- In food processor, using midi bowl and 4mm grating disc, grate cheese.
- Using bowl and 2mm slicing disc, slice pepperoni.
- Preheat oven 225 degrees.
- Cut dough in two portions. Roll out dough to approx. 2cm thickness.
- Spread with tomato passata.
- Sprinkle cheese, pepperoni, olives and fresh basil.
- Add remaining mozzarella.
- Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
- Bake on tray lined with baking paper for 15–20 mins.
Discover The Spa at Hanmer Springs in New Zealand
Connected to Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools & Spa, the stunning village offers guests the opportunity to relax in the therapeutic...
Discover ikatan Day Spa in QLD
Located just 15 minutes from the centre of Noosa, ikatan Day Spa is a short drive from Sunshine, Peregian or...
Discover Maruia Hot Springs in New Zealand
Located within the Lewis Pass National Reserve and surrounded by protective forest and mountains, Maruia Hot Springs allows you to...
Discover Byron Yoga Retreat Centre in NSW
Set on 12 hectares, surrounded by trees, this tranquil eco-haven feels secluded, but it’s just a 20-minute walk to the...