Sponsor Recipes: Pana Organic share 5 healthy vegan chocolate recipes
See the recipes below for some of the luxurious chocolate creations you can make with Pana Organic.
Chocolate Queen of Tarts
Makes: 6 tarts
- Basic Tart Shell
- 120g desiccated coconut
- 125g nut flour
- 50–75mL coconut nectar
- 2 pinches Himalayan pink salt
- Coconut oil, for greasing
- Choc-Mint Filling
- 45g bar Pana Chocolate Mint
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- 50g coconut butter, melted
- 120mL coconut cream
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar
- Pinch Himalayan pink salt
- Pana Chocolate bar shavings, to garnish
- Blend together all tart shell ingredients except coconut oil.
- Grease tart tins with coconut oil and place baking paper on base. Press an even amount of mixture into each tin.
- Press mixture firmly to compact it, only allowing shell to come about 1cm up sides of tin. While you are compacting mixture, you will notice the oils releasing — this is a great thing!
- Freeze to firm up a little, then pop shells out. Keep tart shells refrigerated until needed.
- To make filling, melt chocolate and coconut oil over bain-marie. Pour melted chocolate and oil into bowl along with all other ingredients and fold gently to combine.
- Pour equal amounts of filling into each tart shell, then return tarts to fridge to set for 30 mins.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings.
Date & Nut Butter
Makes: ½-1 cup nut butter
- Nuts of choice
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 60mL filtered water
- 2 pinches Himalayan salt
- Blend nuts in a food processor on high until the oils are released and the mixture resembles butter.
- Constantly scrape down the sides to ensure even blending.
- ¼ cup sunflower kernels
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ¼ cup activated almonds
- ¼ cup activated buckwheat
- ¼ cup coconut chips
- ¼ cup cranberries
- 1 quantity Date & Nut Butter (recipe above)
- 3 squares Pana Chocolate Orange, grated
- Nut milk, to serve
- Fresh fruit, to serve
- Combine all dry ingredients in bowl.
- Add some date and nut butter and massage into dry mix. Keep adding butter until all dry ingredients are coated.
- Using coarse grater or zester, grate squares of chocolate into mixture and stir through.
- Transfer mixture to tray and dehydrate for 8–12 hours. Once mixture has been dehydrated, break into small shards and store in airtight container until needed.
- Serve with nut milk and fresh fruit.
Makes: 1 shard chocolate
- 1 × 45g bar Pana Chocolate Orange, broken into pieces
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 dried fig, cut in half & then into small squares
- 2 slices dehydrated orange, cut into small wedges
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl over hot water.
- While the mixture is melting, cover a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper. Pour the mixture onto the tray.
- Scatter fig and orange over the melted chocolate and then set it in the fridge until needed. Break into shards to serve.
Chia Pudding with a Kick
Makes: 4 puddings
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 250mL coconut milk or nut milk
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- ¼ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Chocolate Shards (recipe above), to serve
- Dehydrated orange slices, to serve
- Put chia seeds into bowl with nut or coconut milk and stir to coat.
- Cover and leave for 2 hours, to allow time for chia seeds to soak up liquid.
- Once chia seeds have finished soaking, put chia and milk mixture into high-speed blender.
- Add dates, cacao powder, salt, cayenne pepper and cinnamon and blend on high until nice and smooth.
- Divide mixture between 4 glasses, then place in fridge for approx. 1 hour, or until set.
- Stick 1–2 chocolate shards into each chia pudding. You could also garnish with extra dehydrated orange slice.
Sponsor Recipes: Orgran share two delicious gluten-free recipes
Discover some of the delicious gluten-free recipes you can make with Orgran.
Sponsor Recipes: Procal share three delicious recipes like this healthy Tiramisu
Discover some of the delicious creations you can make with Procal.
Sponsor Recipes: The Bare Bird share three healthy and delicious recipes
Discover some of the delicious creations you can make with The Bare Bird.