Sponsor Recipes: Pana Organic share 5 healthy vegan chocolate recipes
See the recipes below for some of the luxurious chocolate creations you can make with Pana Organic.
Chocolate Queen of Tarts
Makes: 6 tarts
- Basic Tart Shell
- 120g desiccated coconut
- 125g nut flour
- 50–75mL coconut nectar
- 2 pinches Himalayan pink salt
- Coconut oil, for greasing
- Choc-Mint Filling
- 45g bar Pana Chocolate Mint
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- 50g coconut butter, melted
- 120mL coconut cream
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar
- Pinch Himalayan pink salt
- Pana Chocolate bar shavings, to garnish
- Blend together all tart shell ingredients except coconut oil.
- Grease tart tins with coconut oil and place baking paper on base. Press an even amount of mixture into each tin.
- Press mixture firmly to compact it, only allowing shell to come about 1cm up sides of tin. While you are compacting mixture, you will notice the oils releasing — this is a great thing!
- Freeze to firm up a little, then pop shells out. Keep tart shells refrigerated until needed.
- To make filling, melt chocolate and coconut oil over bain-marie. Pour melted chocolate and oil into bowl along with all other ingredients and fold gently to combine.
- Pour equal amounts of filling into each tart shell, then return tarts to fridge to set for 30 mins.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings.
Date & Nut Butter
Makes: ½-1 cup nut butter
- Nuts of choice
- 4 medjool dates, pitted
- 60mL filtered water
- 2 pinches Himalayan salt
- Blend nuts in a food processor on high until the oils are released and the mixture resembles butter.
- Constantly scrape down the sides to ensure even blending.
- ¼ cup sunflower kernels
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup pepitas
- ¼ cup activated almonds
- ¼ cup activated buckwheat
- ¼ cup coconut chips
- ¼ cup cranberries
- 1 quantity Date & Nut Butter (recipe above)
- 3 squares Pana Chocolate Orange, grated
- Nut milk, to serve
- Fresh fruit, to serve
- Combine all dry ingredients in bowl.
- Add some date and nut butter and massage into dry mix. Keep adding butter until all dry ingredients are coated.
- Using coarse grater or zester, grate squares of chocolate into mixture and stir through.
- Transfer mixture to tray and dehydrate for 8–12 hours. Once mixture has been dehydrated, break into small shards and store in airtight container until needed.
- Serve with nut milk and fresh fruit.
Makes: 1 shard chocolate
- 1 × 45g bar Pana Chocolate Orange, broken into pieces
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 dried fig, cut in half & then into small squares
- 2 slices dehydrated orange, cut into small wedges
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil in a bowl over hot water.
- While the mixture is melting, cover a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper. Pour the mixture onto the tray.
- Scatter fig and orange over the melted chocolate and then set it in the fridge until needed. Break into shards to serve.
Chia Pudding with a Kick
Makes: 4 puddings
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
- 250mL coconut milk or nut milk
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- ¼ tsp Himalayan pink salt
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Chocolate Shards (recipe above), to serve
- Dehydrated orange slices, to serve
- Put chia seeds into bowl with nut or coconut milk and stir to coat.
- Cover and leave for 2 hours, to allow time for chia seeds to soak up liquid.
- Once chia seeds have finished soaking, put chia and milk mixture into high-speed blender.
- Add dates, cacao powder, salt, cayenne pepper and cinnamon and blend on high until nice and smooth.
- Divide mixture between 4 glasses, then place in fridge for approx. 1 hour, or until set.
- Stick 1–2 chocolate shards into each chia pudding. You could also garnish with extra dehydrated orange slice.
Bubble and Squeak Recipe
For me, English food is comfort food, especially bubble and squeak. This dish takes me back to my childhood —...
Lemongrass and Ginger Vegie Stir Fry Recipe
The secret to making a quick and healthy stir-fry is to chop and measure out all your ingredients before you...
Mushroom and Thyme Pasta Recipe
This pasta is one of my favourite vegetarian midweek meals. It’s quick and easy to make and really tasty. You...
Crispy Vegetable Pilaf with Chickpeas and Preserved Lemon Recipe
This is even quicker if you have the rice left over from a previous night and ready to go. Simple...