Sponsor Recipes: Tilda Products
See the recipes below for some of the delicious creations you can make with Tilda Products.
Thai Prawn Green Curry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- Bunch fresh coriander, stalks chopped, leaves roughly torn
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Thumb-sized piece ginger, peeled & grated
- 2 green chillies, finely sliced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 cardamom pods, cracked
- 4 cloves
- 4 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 450g tiger prawns shelled, deveined
- Salt & pepper, to season
- 2 packs Tilda Steamed Coconut, Chili & Lemongrass Basmati or Tilda Steamed Coconut Basmati
- Heat oil in large pan with lid. Add onion and coriander stalks and cook gently for 8–10 mins.
- Add garlic, ginger, green chillies and turmeric and cook for another 2 mins.
- Pour in coconut milk, bring to boil. Season with pinch of salt and pepper. Add cardamom, cloves, lime leaves and cinnamon. Simmer for 3–4 mins until thickened.
- Add prawns and cook for 3–4 mins. Cover pan, remove from heat and set aside for about 5 mins. Prawns will continue to cook — ensure they are fully cooked before serving.
- Heat rice according to pack instructions and serve with curry garnished with coriander leaves.
Wholegrain Rice Chicken Hainan
- 4 chicken breasts, skin on
- 1L chicken stock
- 8 spring onions, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 4 × 1cm-thick slices ginger
- 1 handful fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
- ½ cucumber, finely sliced
- 2 ripe tomatoes, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp sesame seed oil
- Salt, to season
- 2 packs Tilda Wholegrain Basmati
- 1 red chilli, finely diced
- Dash tamari
- Place chicken in large saucepan. Seal chicken until golden-brown colour. Pour in stock and add spring onions, garlic and ginger.
- Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 30–35 mins.
- Remove chicken from stock and leave to rest on plate. Turn up heat so that stock starts boiling and leave to reduce for further 10 mins.
- Brush chicken with sesame oil and season lightly.
- Heat Tilda wholegrain basmati in wok, add red chilli and stir through. Serve rice in bowls along with some of stock, chicken and garnishes.
- Top with dash tamari each and serve.
Authentic Chicken Curry with Aromatic Basmati
- 75g desiccated coconut
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole dried red chillies
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 2 star anise
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 3 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 100mL water
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 red onions, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 tsp grated fresh ginger
- 6 tbsp fresh curry leaves
8 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 500g boneless chicken thighs, skin removed
200mL water or chicken stock
- Squeeze lemon
1 green chilli finely chopped (optional)
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander, leaves finely chopped
- 2 packs Tilda Pure Basmati
- Toast coconut, cinnamon sticks, dried chillies, peppercorns, star anise and fennel seeds in pan over low heat and roast for 3–4 mins.
- Add ground coriander, chilli powder, turmeric, cinnamon, salt and stir for 1 min.
- Add 100mL water to form paste and cook for 2 mins.
- Remove cinnamon sticks, star anise and whole chillies.
- Add everything to spice grinder or pestle and mortar to form smooth paste.
- Heat oil in same pan and slowly cook onions until soft — about 10 mins.
- Add garlic, ginger, curry leaves and cook for couple of mins.
- Add tomatoes and spice paste, return cinnamon stick, star anise and chilli to pan and cook for 5 mins, stirring until it becomes smooth paste and oil starts to separate out.
- Remove half mixture and freeze or place in airtight container which will keep in fridge for a week or so.
- Add chicken and 200mL chicken stock and cook for 10 mins until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove star anise, cinnamon and chilli, stir through lemon juice and green chilli (if using) and scatter with fresh coriander.
- Heat Tilda Pure Basmati in microwave for 2 mins. Serve curry with rice.
Sponsor Recipes: Bake Mixes
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make with Bake Mixes.
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
If you’re not normally a lover of Brussels sprouts, this dish is sure to turn you into a fan! The...
Sponsor Recipes: Golden Door
Discover some of the delicious recipes you can make with McKenzie’s.