Sponsor Recipes: Tilda Rice
Lemon & Chilli Chicken with Asparagus & Coconut Rice
- 1 medium chicken, about 1.75kg
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lemon-flavoured oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Juice & best 1 lemon
- 1 tsp chilli purée
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 asparagus tips
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- Large handful fresh spinach leaves
- 1 pack Tilda Coconut Steamed Basmati Rice
- Squeeze lemon juice
- Salt & pepper, to season
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place chicken, breast side down, and starting at thigh end make cut right through chicken. Turn chicken over and press down firmly to open chicken up. Place in ovenproof dish.
- Mix together all marinade ingredients and spread over chicken.
- Cook in oven for about 1hr 15mins until juices run clear. Leave to rest for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile make Asparagus and Coconut Rice. Blanch asparagus tips in boiling water for about 3 mins and cool immediately in cold water.
- Heat coconut oil in large frying pan or wok. Add spinach and heat through until wilted.
- Heat Tilda Coconut Steamed Basmati Rice in microwave and stir into pan.
- Add asparagus and squeeze of lemon juice. Serve with slices of chicken.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- ½ red capsicum, diced
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 200g lamb steak, thinly sliced
- 1 pack Tilda Steamed Wholegrain Rice
- Toasted flaked almonds
- Heat oil in pan. Add capsicum, zucchini, mushrooms and onion, sprinkle on the chilli powder and fry gently for 3-5 mins until soft.
- Add lamb and fry until cooked and lightly browned.
- Finally stir in rice and heat thoroughly.
- Serve piping hot sprinkled with a few toasted flaked almonds.
- For a vegetarian option, simply exclude the lamb.
Middle Eastern Style Lamb Con Carne
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red onions, finely diced
- 1 red capsicum, finely diced
- 2 red chillies, deseeded & finely diced
- 1 small bunch coriander, stalks chopped, leaves torn
- 800g lamb mince
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 500mL vegetable stock
- 2 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tin kidney beans, drained
- 1 tin black-eyed beans, drained
- Salt & black pepper
- 3 packs Tilda Steamed Pure Basmati
- Sour cream, to serve
- 1 small punnet pomegranate seeds
- Heat oil in large pan with lid over medium heat.
- Fry onions, capsicum, chillies and coriander stalks for 3-4 minutes to soften, add mince and fry for 4-5 mins until mince has completely browned.
- Stir in oregano and cinnamon stick and cook for further 2 mins.
- Add tinned tomatoes, stock, tomato purée and beans. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Bring mix to boil, then and reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 mins.
- Serve with rice sprinkled with coriander leaves, sour cream and pomegranate seeds.
Andi-Co Falcon share three delicious recipes like Miso Eggplant with Chilli Pork
Our sponsors Andi-Co Falcon share three delicious recipes like Miso Eggplant with Chilli Pork. Yum!
Christmas Chocolate Almond and Pistachio Cookies Recipe
Pistachios are laden with antioxidants, including lutein, beta-carotene and vitamin E, which makes them a healthy choice for looking after...
Strawberry & Pistachio Chocolate Bark Recipe
This is a really fun and simple recipe that kids can help you prepare at Christmas time.
Mango Passionfruit Chia Pudding Recipe
Fruity chia puddings are great for a refreshing everyday dessert or at a dinner party, dressed up in a fancy...