Stir-Fried Broccoli Rice Recipe
This broccoli rice is a midweek vegie wonder! It’s incredibly rich in minerals such as iron and magnesium, vitamins and fibre from green vegetables such as broccoli, kale, spinach and coriander, which balance beautifully with the protein, choline, vitamin B12, vitamin D and scrumptious flavour in free-range eggs. If kids are at the table and you’re not yet convinced they’ll go the whole broccoli rice meal then simply swap out half the broccoli for some cooked brown or jasmine rice.
- 2 small heads broccoli
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 6 free-range eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled & finely chopped
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 stalks kale, leaves roughly torn, stems discarded
- 100g baby spinach
- ½ bunch coriander, leaves picked, stalks finely chopped
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 5 red shallots, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Place broccoli florets in food processor and blitz to form consistency of rice.
- Heat oil in large frying pan or wok, drizzle sesame oil over pan, then add eggs and spread evenly to form omelette. Cook 2-3 mins each side, then remove from pan and slice into pieces.
- Wipe pan clean, add coconut oil, garlic and ginger and cook 1–2 mins.
- Add kale leaves, baby spinach, broccoli, coriander stalks and cook 12–14 mins.
- Drizzle with tamari, toss shallots and sesame seeds through and serve.
English Baked Beans on Toast
Tinned baked beans are full of sugar and salt. Once you’ve tried this recipe, you won’t buy tinned beans ever...
Pear Spelt Pancakes with Strawberry Purée
Pears and strawberries are rich sources of vitamin C, which is vital for boosting immune function and for supporting adrenal...
Creamy Pea, Asparagus & Broccolini Pasta with Mint Pesto
Pesto is a sauce originating in Genoa, the capital city of Liguria, Italy. It traditionally consists of crushed garlic, pine...
Vegan Székely Gulyás (Mushroom & Sauerkraut Goulash)
The name székely gulyás means “gypsy goulash” in Hungarian. Technically, this is a soupy pork dish with sauerkraut and sour...