Stir-Fried Broccoli Rice Recipe
This broccoli rice is a midweek vegie wonder! It’s incredibly rich in minerals such as iron and magnesium, vitamins and fibre from green vegetables such as broccoli, kale, spinach and coriander, which balance beautifully with the protein, choline, vitamin B12, vitamin D and scrumptious flavour in free-range eggs. If kids are at the table and you’re not yet convinced they’ll go the whole broccoli rice meal then simply swap out half the broccoli for some cooked brown or jasmine rice.
- 2 small heads broccoli
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 6 free-range eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled & finely chopped
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 stalks kale, leaves roughly torn, stems discarded
- 100g baby spinach
- ½ bunch coriander, leaves picked, stalks finely chopped
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 5 red shallots, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Place broccoli florets in food processor and blitz to form consistency of rice.
- Heat oil in large frying pan or wok, drizzle sesame oil over pan, then add eggs and spread evenly to form omelette. Cook 2-3 mins each side, then remove from pan and slice into pieces.
- Wipe pan clean, add coconut oil, garlic and ginger and cook 1–2 mins.
- Add kale leaves, baby spinach, broccoli, coriander stalks and cook 12–14 mins.
- Drizzle with tamari, toss shallots and sesame seeds through and serve.
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...
Vegetarian cashew and zucchini Indonesian noodles
What works as a stand-alone vegetarian dish, goes well with tofu, and can even proudly accompany a chicken or fish...
Thai mango salad
This summery Thai mango salad ticks all the boxes for a fresh and healthy meal
Thai tofu with almond sauce and jasmine rice
Tofu is a good source of protein, calcium, and B vitamins. Enjoy it Thai-style with almond sauce and jasmine rice...