Sugar-Free Vegan Sticky Date Cacao Pudding with Banana Nice Cream
The best thing about this sugar-free chocolate date pudding is that it’s so delicious, yet so easy to make. With a scoop of banana nice cream, it becomes an amazingly sweet dessert that uses the fruit’s natural sugar as a wholefood so as to avoid a blood sugar spike that regular sugary desserts offer.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 cups dates, pitted
- ½ cup plant milk (almond or soy)
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup self-raising wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ cup cacao
- “Nice Cream”:
- 4 frozen bananas
- 2 Medjool dates, pitted
- ⅛ tsp cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Pour boiling water over dates and set aside for 15 mins until softened.
- Place softened dates, soaking water, plant milk, bicarb, flour, vanilla and cacao in food processor or high-speed blender and mix until well combined.
- Pour mixture into lined loaf tin. Place in oven for 40–45 mins or until skewer inserted comes out clean.
- For the “nice cream”, place all ingredients in high-speed blender and blend to gelato-like consistency.
- To serve, cut pudding into eights and serve with scoop of “nice-cream”.
Smoked Tofu, Avocado & Asparagus Vegan Benedict Recipe
Memorable meals can easily be reproduced with vegan ingredients, and this tofu vegan benedict will absolutely wow you in the...
Quick kitchen: Vegan Lentil Moussaka
If you’re looking for a recipe that brings both comfort and nourishment in the same mouthful, my vegan lentil moussaka...
A taste for tahini
By exploring its artisanal roots, we discover that tahini is a paste that packs a serious punch.
Mauritian Lentil Soup
This Mauritian-inspired red lentil soup is the ultimate comfort food. Easy to whip together, it’s warming to the body, with...