Sweet Potato Bites Recipe
There’s something really fun about finger food that you can pop into your mouth in one bite! Even better when you can repurpose the humble sweet potato into a type of soft cracker and top with a spicy dip. These are just that little bit different and happen to suit many different eating styles.
Makes: 20 pieces
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled & sliced into 20 rounds about 0.5cm each
- 3 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 large avocados
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- Salt & pepper
- 1 ear corn, husks peeled
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place sweet potato slices on paper-lined tray in single layer. Brush with 2 tbsp olive oil and bake for 15 mins until cooked through and slightly golden.
- Meanwhile, scoop flesh from avocados and place in bowl. Add lime juice, cayenne pepper and cumin. Season with salt and pepper and mash with fork until smooth. Set aside.
- Rub last tbsp olive oil on corn cob and season with salt and pepper. Heat griddle pan over high heat and cook corn on all sides for 1 min each until blackened. Slice kernels off with sharp knife, trying to keep some together in groups.
- To serve, place sweet potato slices on platter. Top with little dollops of guacamole, some charred corn and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Organic Thai Red Rice Rigatoni — Explore Cuisine
Explore Cuisine’s Thai Red Rice Rigatoni is a healthy choice that will please the family and simplify your life. Cooks...
Fruit Free bars with Almond & Chia — Food for health
Packed with lots of healthy seeds, whole grains like millet and chia and bound with rice bran syrup, not glucose…...
Cranberry & Coconut Clusters — Food for health
The Cranberry & Coconut Clusters are such a delicious flavour. Made with Aussie almonds, healthy seeds and fruit pieces. They...
Choc Cherry Clusters — Food for health
The Choc Cherry Clusters are such a delicious flavour. Made with Aussie almonds, healthy seeds and fruit pieces. They are...