Sweet Potato Bites Recipe
There’s something really fun about finger food that you can pop into your mouth in one bite! Even better when you can repurpose the humble sweet potato into a type of soft cracker and top with a spicy dip. These are just that little bit different and happen to suit many different eating styles.
Makes: 20 pieces
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled & sliced into 20 rounds about 0.5cm each
- 3 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 large avocados
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- Salt & pepper
- 1 ear corn, husks peeled
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place sweet potato slices on paper-lined tray in single layer. Brush with 2 tbsp olive oil and bake for 15 mins until cooked through and slightly golden.
- Meanwhile, scoop flesh from avocados and place in bowl. Add lime juice, cayenne pepper and cumin. Season with salt and pepper and mash with fork until smooth. Set aside.
- Rub last tbsp olive oil on corn cob and season with salt and pepper. Heat griddle pan over high heat and cook corn on all sides for 1 min each until blackened. Slice kernels off with sharp knife, trying to keep some together in groups.
- To serve, place sweet potato slices on platter. Top with little dollops of guacamole, some charred corn and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
The healing properties of acai berries
Native to Brazil, acai berries pack an antioxidant punch that yields an array of health benefits.
A guide to edible native Australian plants
Australia is blessed with a plethora of edible native plants. Many of these lesser-known Indigenous delights can be used in...
Discover the health benefits of the humble green bean
Green beans are actually the unripe fruit and fruit pods of the “common bean”. While they may be common, green...
Are you ready to join the coconut craze?
You see them everywhere — cracked open and ready to drink at fresh food markets and cold-pressed into jars at...