Sweet Potato Bites Recipe
There’s something really fun about finger food that you can pop into your mouth in one bite! Even better when you can repurpose the humble sweet potato into a type of soft cracker and top with a spicy dip. These are just that little bit different and happen to suit many different eating styles.
Makes: 20 pieces
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled & sliced into 20 rounds about 0.5cm each
- 3 tbsp cold-pressed olive oil
- 2 large avocados
- 2 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp cumin
- Salt & pepper
- 1 ear corn, husks peeled
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Place sweet potato slices on paper-lined tray in single layer. Brush with 2 tbsp olive oil and bake for 15 mins until cooked through and slightly golden.
- Meanwhile, scoop flesh from avocados and place in bowl. Add lime juice, cayenne pepper and cumin. Season with salt and pepper and mash with fork until smooth. Set aside.
- Rub last tbsp olive oil on corn cob and season with salt and pepper. Heat griddle pan over high heat and cook corn on all sides for 1 min each until blackened. Slice kernels off with sharp knife, trying to keep some together in groups.
- To serve, place sweet potato slices on platter. Top with little dollops of guacamole, some charred corn and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Elevate your immunity with ancient Elderberry
Elderberries are one of the oldest herbal medicines and are especially useful during the cold and flu season. Discover how...
Heart of gold: In conversation with Lola Berry
Living fearlessly from the heart is at the core of Lola Berry’s existence. We sit down with the bestselling author,...
Ginger the great: spicy, warming and powerfully healing
Aromatic, tingling, spicy, pungent and warming, ginger adds bursts of flavour to your cooking, but this plant, favoured around the...
These are the key ingredients for a thriving microbiome
Discover the key to a happy gut with these simple ingredients.