Sweet Potato, Carrot, Turmeric & Chilli Soup Recipe
This soup is bursting with nutrients and superfoods. The addition of chilli gives it a slightly spicy flavour, so you can dial up the heat by leaving the seeds in or leaving them out with a milder flavour. For a vegan alternative make it with coconut milk.
- 800g sweet potatoes, peeled & sliced
- 400g carrots, peeled & sliced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 chilli, finely sliced
- 1L vegetable stock
- Salt & pepper, to season
- 150g milk or coconut milk
- Cream, to serve (optional)
- Pumpkin seeds & sesame seeds, to serve
- Lime, to serve
- In a large pan, add the sweet potato, carrot, onion, garlic, turmeric, chilli and stock. Bring the mixture to the boil then reduce the heat and let it bubble gently for 15 mins. Remove from the heat.
- Use a hand blender to blend the soup mixture until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper. Stir through milk or coconut milk.
- Serve immediately topped with a drizzle of cream, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, fresh lime and extra chilli if desired.
Berry, Pepita & Walnut Fruit Salad with Sweet Cashew Cream Recipe
Level up your fruit salad with this sweet and smooth easy-to-prepare cashew cream, you can enjoy good health and a...
Cauliflower Cashew Curry Recipe
This is a really tasty vegan curry recipe that is perfect as a nourishing stand-alone meal or served with rice...
Cashews, Tofu, Broccoli in a Sweet Soy Glaze Recipe
In this recipe, we have combined cashews with tofu and broccoli and added a delicious sweet-savoury sauce for the ultimate...
Vegan Pizza with Cashew Cream Cheese Recipe
Looking for a plant-based option for dinner? In this recipe, we show you how to use cashews to make a...