Sweet Quinoa and Cacao Risotto Recipe
Risotto isn’t just a lunch or dinner meal, it can absolutely be a dessert or breakfast! I’ve combined my go-to protein-charged grain, quinoa, with the creaminess of coconut milk, raw cacao and cinnamon to give this risotto a sweet edge without the heavy sugar load. You can enjoy it as a nourishing dessert with any kind of fruits. I love stone fruit with this delicious dish.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2½ tbsp rice-malt syrup
- To serve (optional)
- ½ cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- ¼ cup toasted coconut flakes
- Grilled fruit or berries
- Add quinoa and 1 cup water to small saucepan, cover and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and remove lid, add coconut milk, vanilla, cacao and cinnamon and allow to simmer for 10–15 mins or until quinoa is tender and there’s a small amount of liquid remaining to keep risotto loose and creamy.
- Stir through rice-malt syrup.
- Serve in bowls and top with hazelnuts, coconut flakes and berries or fruit if you wish.
3 plant-based desserts for a guilt-free after dinner treat
Sweet treats don't have to mean processed junk. These recipes are deliciously indulgent while providing a hit of fibre, protein...
4 vegan desserts even non-vegans will love
Following a plant-based diet shouldn't mean missing out on any of the fun. Try these 4 vegan desserts developed by...
Vegan Rainbow Goulash
Traditionally, Hungarian goulash is made with meat as the base. This is a delicious vegan version that incorporates chickpeas and...
Black Pepper Garlic Tempeh
I love this little dish because it really packs a flavour punch! Not to mention the protein, iron and magnesium...