Sweet Quinoa and Cacao Risotto Recipe
Risotto isn’t just a lunch or dinner meal, it can absolutely be a dessert or breakfast! I’ve combined my go-to protein-charged grain, quinoa, with the creaminess of coconut milk, raw cacao and cinnamon to give this risotto a sweet edge without the heavy sugar load. You can enjoy it as a nourishing dessert with any kind of fruits. I love stone fruit with this delicious dish.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2½ tbsp rice-malt syrup
- To serve (optional)
- ½ cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- ¼ cup toasted coconut flakes
- Grilled fruit or berries
- Add quinoa and 1 cup water to small saucepan, cover and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and remove lid, add coconut milk, vanilla, cacao and cinnamon and allow to simmer for 10–15 mins or until quinoa is tender and there’s a small amount of liquid remaining to keep risotto loose and creamy.
- Stir through rice-malt syrup.
- Serve in bowls and top with hazelnuts, coconut flakes and berries or fruit if you wish.
Dutch Carrot Soup with Crunchy Chickpeas Recipes
Cultivators of the carrot, it seems only fitting to dedicate a Dutch style recipe to the humble but mighty orange...
Brussels Sprout Curry Recipe
Not everyone loves Brussels sprouts but these mini cabbages floating in a rich, warming curry sauce make for a delicious...
Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
If you’re not normally a lover of Brussels sprouts, this dish is sure to turn you into a fan! The...
Potato Pea Triangles Recipe
When our kids were young, this was their favourite dish. We’d make a big batch every week and they’d take...