Sweet Quinoa and Cacao Risotto Recipe
Risotto isn’t just a lunch or dinner meal, it can absolutely be a dessert or breakfast! I’ve combined my go-to protein-charged grain, quinoa, with the creaminess of coconut milk, raw cacao and cinnamon to give this risotto a sweet edge without the heavy sugar load. You can enjoy it as a nourishing dessert with any kind of fruits. I love stone fruit with this delicious dish.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2½ tbsp rice-malt syrup
- To serve (optional)
- ½ cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- ¼ cup toasted coconut flakes
- Grilled fruit or berries
- Add quinoa and 1 cup water to small saucepan, cover and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and remove lid, add coconut milk, vanilla, cacao and cinnamon and allow to simmer for 10–15 mins or until quinoa is tender and there’s a small amount of liquid remaining to keep risotto loose and creamy.
- Stir through rice-malt syrup.
- Serve in bowls and top with hazelnuts, coconut flakes and berries or fruit if you wish.
No refined sugars and loads of fruit make this vegan tropical iceblock recipe a real winner
Cherry and almond sorbet
This simple cherry and almond sorbet recipe doesn’t require an ice-cream machine, and it's vegan-friendly too. What are you waiting...
Mango passionfruit chia pudding
Need a healthy breakfast or a lunch on the run? These vegan mango passionfruit chia puddings are the perfect solution
Strawberry, banana and vanilla iceblocks
Sugar-free, plant-based and vegan, these strawberry, banana and vanilla iceblocks will be your best healthy indulgence go-to ever.