Sweet Quinoa and Cacao Risotto Recipe
Risotto isn’t just a lunch or dinner meal, it can absolutely be a dessert or breakfast! I’ve combined my go-to protein-charged grain, quinoa, with the creaminess of coconut milk, raw cacao and cinnamon to give this risotto a sweet edge without the heavy sugar load. You can enjoy it as a nourishing dessert with any kind of fruits. I love stone fruit with this delicious dish.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2½ tbsp rice-malt syrup
- To serve (optional)
- ½ cup roughly chopped hazelnuts
- ¼ cup toasted coconut flakes
- Grilled fruit or berries
- Add quinoa and 1 cup water to small saucepan, cover and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and remove lid, add coconut milk, vanilla, cacao and cinnamon and allow to simmer for 10–15 mins or until quinoa is tender and there’s a small amount of liquid remaining to keep risotto loose and creamy.
- Stir through rice-malt syrup.
- Serve in bowls and top with hazelnuts, coconut flakes and berries or fruit if you wish.
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Spelt and Olive Focaccia Bread Recipe
Focaccia bread is one of the easiest breads to make as it requires very little rising time. I’ve topped this...
Mushroom and Zucchini Risotto Recipe
Porcini mushrooms give this risotto a rich, earthy flavour. If you have leftovers, form them into balls or patties and...