Sweet Spinach Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce Recipe
Nutritionists and health practitioners say we all need to eat more greens. This Sweet Spinach Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce recipe is an example of how greens can be included in dishes where you may have thought this wasn’t possible. Go on, we dare you to try it!
Makes: 12 pancakes
- Blueberry Sauce
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1¼ cups whole-wheat self-raising flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup soy milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- Place blueberry sauce ingredients in saucepan and boil for 3 mins. Puree in blender and set aside.
- Place all pancake ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Heat frying pan or sandwich press to medium heat and spoon on pancake batter. Cook each pancake and place on warm serving plate, top with fresh blueberries and drizzle with blueberry sauce.
Mango and Coconut Ice Blocks Recipe
These delicious ice blocks make a healthy treat for the whole family. They are a nutritious alternative to sugar-laden store-bought...
Chocolate, Avocado and Berry Cake Recipe
This delicious cake caters to many intolerances as it’s dairy-, egg- and gluten-free and vegan. It gets a lovely richness...
Coconut and Tapioca Pudding with Pineapple Flowers Recipe
Traditionally, tapioca pudding in Sri Lanka is made with condensed milk and quite a lot of sugar. This is my...
Cauliflower Hummus Recipe
The cauliflower lends a gorgeous nutty flavour and, garnished with some extra roasted chickpeas and veg, the texture is equally...