Sweet Spinach Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce Recipe
Nutritionists and health practitioners say we all need to eat more greens. This Sweet Spinach Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce recipe is an example of how greens can be included in dishes where you may have thought this wasn’t possible. Go on, we dare you to try it!
Makes: 12 pancakes
- Blueberry Sauce
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup water
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- 1¼ cups whole-wheat self-raising flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup soy milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- Place blueberry sauce ingredients in saucepan and boil for 3 mins. Puree in blender and set aside.
- Place all pancake ingredients in blender and blend until smooth. Heat frying pan or sandwich press to medium heat and spoon on pancake batter. Cook each pancake and place on warm serving plate, top with fresh blueberries and drizzle with blueberry sauce.
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Spelt and Olive Focaccia Bread Recipe
Focaccia bread is one of the easiest breads to make as it requires very little rising time. I’ve topped this...
Sweet Quinoa and Cacao Risotto Recipe
Risotto isn’t just a lunch or dinner meal, it can absolutely be a dessert or breakfast! I’ve combined my go-to...