Tahini & Almond Cookies Recipe
Made with tahini and almonds, these delicious cookies will provide a good dose of calcium for strong bones, and vitamin E and healthy fats that are beneficial for heart health. High in protein and fibre, they make a satisfying treat.
Makes: 14 cookies
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup tahini
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- ¼ cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 100g good-quality dark chocolate, melted, for topping
- Extra almonds, roughly chopped, for topping
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line baking tray with baking paper.
- In large bowl combine almond meal and desiccated coconut.
- In smaller bowl, combine tahini, honey and coconut milk until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and combine.
- Gently stir through almond pieces.
- Spoon mixture onto baking tray, around 1½ tbsp for each cookie. Flatten with back of fork.
- Bake for 15–18 mins, until golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before drizzling with melted chocolate then sprinkle with chopped almonds.
Okra with Kefir Lime, Coconut Rice and Sambal Recipe
I absolutely love the combination of the okra with this incredible rice! This is a very simple method of cooking...
Okra Panzanella Recipe
I love adding olives and roasted capsicum to this traditional Tuscan-inspired recipe. The addition of pan-fried okra and lemon gives...
Vegetable Tagine Recipe
This recipe is one of my all-time favourites for using up leftover vegetables. It can be made in a tagine...
Cauliflower, Chickpea and Pomegranate Tagine Recipe
Brassica vegetables such as cauliflower are nutrient-rich powerhouses that are loaded with disease-fighting vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals. Most of brassicas’...