Tahini & Almond Cookies Recipe
Made with tahini and almonds, these delicious cookies will provide a good dose of calcium for strong bones, and vitamin E and healthy fats that are beneficial for heart health. High in protein and fibre, they make a satisfying treat.
Makes: 14 cookies
- ½ cup almond meal
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup tahini
- 3 tbsp raw honey
- 3 tbsp coconut milk
- ¼ cup raw almonds, roughly chopped
- 100g good-quality dark chocolate, melted, for topping
- Extra almonds, roughly chopped, for topping
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line baking tray with baking paper.
- In large bowl combine almond meal and desiccated coconut.
- In smaller bowl, combine tahini, honey and coconut milk until well combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and combine.
- Gently stir through almond pieces.
- Spoon mixture onto baking tray, around 1½ tbsp for each cookie. Flatten with back of fork.
- Bake for 15–18 mins, until golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before drizzling with melted chocolate then sprinkle with chopped almonds.
Crispy Vegetable Pilaf with Chickpeas and Preserved Lemon Recipe
This is even quicker if you have the rice left over from a previous night and ready to go. Simple...
Pea, Mint and Ginger Risotto Recipe
The combination of peas, mint, ginger and lemon is so delicious. When I make this dish, I always have a...
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...