Tahini Choc Chip Cookies Recipes
As a mum and nutritionist, I’m always trying to find more nourishing ways to create the family favourites — especially when it comes to cookies! For this delicious recipe, I’ve swapped traditional ingredients such as butter and flour for tahini and almond meal. The combination not only delivers high-quality essential fatty acids and fibre but keeps tummies satisfied for much longer, too. An absolute winner for all the family.
Makes: 12 cookies
- 1 cup almond meal
- ½ cup tahini
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp bicarb soda
- 1–2 tbsp coconut flour
- 80g choc chips or broken dark chocolate pieces
- Preheat oven to 170ºC and line large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- In bowl, combine almond meal, tahini, coconut oil, maple syrup and bicarb soda and mix.
- If dough feels very loose (which can happen depending on your almond meal) then add 1–2 tbsp coconut flour.
- Mix chocolate chips or broken chocolate pieces into dough then take heaped tbsp of dough, roll into ball and place on tray.
- Press down lightly with fingers and repeat for remaining dough.
- Place in middle of oven to cook for 16–18 mins or until lightly golden.
- Allow to cool completely on tray.
- Store in fridge up to 2 weeks.
Mushroom and Zucchini Risotto Recipe
Porcini mushrooms give this risotto a rich, earthy flavour. If you have leftovers, form them into balls or patties and...
Tahini Muesli Bars Recipe
Feel free to use any combination of nuts, seeds and dried fruit in this recipe but be sure to stick...
Tahini Icy Poles Recipes
For as long as I can remember there has been a healthy version of icy poles in my life. My...