Tofu and Kale Braised in Coconut and Chilli Recipe
Enjoy this kale dish seasoned and dressed in cooling coconut milk and spiced up with a little bit of chilli.
- 1 bunch kale, roughly chopped
- 300g firm tofu, chopped into bite-sized cubes
- 1 small red chilli, finely sliced
- 1½ cups coconut milk
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Juice ½ lemon
- 4 cups cooked quinoa
- Heat skillet on high heat. Pour ¼ cup water into pan and add kale, tofu and chilli and stir well. Add 1 cup coconut milk and stir. Cover with lid and cook for about 4 mins until kale is dark-green and soft.
- Remove lid and add remaining ½ cup coconut milk and stir well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze lemon juice over kale and tofu, turn off heat and cover with lid for a few mins to allow juices to cool.
- Serve with cooked quinoa.
Bubble and Squeak Recipe
For me, English food is comfort food, especially bubble and squeak. This dish takes me back to my childhood —...
13 antioxidant foods and how to enjoy them
Antioxidants defend against cell-damaging free radicals, which increase your risk of disease and premature ageing. Including a variety of antioxidant-rich...
Which dairy is the better choice: full or reduced fat?
It’s easy to get hung up on fat content when it comes to dairy products, especially if you’re watching your...
Oven-Baked Pumpkin and Corn Brown Rice Risotto Recipe
This hearty risotto is a great source of dietary fibre. Brown rice contains around seven times more fibre than white...