Tofu Larp with Brown Vermicelli Noodles Recipe
Larp, or larb, is a type of Lao meaty salad that’s regarded the unofficial national dish of Laos. In this version, you’ll enjoy the full flavours of the traditional dish with a vegan twist.
- Pickled Cucumber
- 2 tbsp rice-wine vinegar
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vegan sambal oelek
- 100g uncooked brown rice vermicelli noodles
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 500g firm tofu, crumbled
- ¼ cup vegan fish sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- Thai basil leaves, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Peanuts, to serve
- To make pickled cucumber, place all ingredients in large bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place noodles in large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and let sit for 10 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Place garlic, ginger, sweet chilli sauce, vegetable stock powder and crumbled tofu in bowl and stir to combine.
- Heat frying pan over high heat, add tofu mixture and cook, stirring for 5–6 mins.
- Add vegan fish sauce and soy sauce and continue to cook for 2–3 mins.
- Divide noodles between lettuce leaves and top with cooked tofu and pickled cucumber. Top with Thai basil, coriander and peanuts to serve.
Lemony Herb Crackers Recipe
If you think you can’t have the perfect cracker in less than 15 mins, then think again. These simple and...
Banana & Chocolate Fudge Cookies Recipe
These healthy cookies are a favourite in our house! Bake them for your next picnic or friend’s birthday.
Oat and Coconut Thumb Print Biscuits Recipe
A great snack that’s nourishing and delicious, these biscuits are packed with oats and almonds, which deliver sustained energy and...
Mushroom and Spinach Vegan Quiche Recipe
This eggless quiche is savoury, satisfying, comforting, loaded with vegies and healthy!