Tofu Larp with Brown Vermicelli Noodles Recipe
Larp, or larb, is a type of Lao meaty salad that’s regarded the unofficial national dish of Laos. In this version, you’ll enjoy the full flavours of the traditional dish with a vegan twist.
- Pickled Cucumber
- 2 tbsp rice-wine vinegar
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vegan sambal oelek
- 100g uncooked brown rice vermicelli noodles
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 500g firm tofu, crumbled
- ¼ cup vegan fish sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- Thai basil leaves, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Peanuts, to serve
- To make pickled cucumber, place all ingredients in large bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place noodles in large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and let sit for 10 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Place garlic, ginger, sweet chilli sauce, vegetable stock powder and crumbled tofu in bowl and stir to combine.
- Heat frying pan over high heat, add tofu mixture and cook, stirring for 5–6 mins.
- Add vegan fish sauce and soy sauce and continue to cook for 2–3 mins.
- Divide noodles between lettuce leaves and top with cooked tofu and pickled cucumber. Top with Thai basil, coriander and peanuts to serve.
Bubble and Squeak Recipe
For me, English food is comfort food, especially bubble and squeak. This dish takes me back to my childhood —...
13 antioxidant foods and how to enjoy them
Antioxidants defend against cell-damaging free radicals, which increase your risk of disease and premature ageing. Including a variety of antioxidant-rich...
Which dairy is the better choice: full or reduced fat?
It’s easy to get hung up on fat content when it comes to dairy products, especially if you’re watching your...
Oven-Baked Pumpkin and Corn Brown Rice Risotto Recipe
This hearty risotto is a great source of dietary fibre. Brown rice contains around seven times more fibre than white...