Tofu Larp with Brown Vermicelli Noodles Recipe
Larp, or larb, is a type of Lao meaty salad that’s regarded the unofficial national dish of Laos. In this version, you’ll enjoy the full flavours of the traditional dish with a vegan twist.
- Pickled Cucumber
- 2 tbsp rice-wine vinegar
- 2 Lebanese cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp vegan sambal oelek
- 100g uncooked brown rice vermicelli noodles
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 2 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 500g firm tofu, crumbled
- ¼ cup vegan fish sauce
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 baby cos lettuce, leaves separated
- Thai basil leaves, to serve
- Coriander leaves, to serve
- Peanuts, to serve
- To make pickled cucumber, place all ingredients in large bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place noodles in large heatproof bowl, cover with boiling water and let sit for 10 mins. Drain and set aside.
- Place garlic, ginger, sweet chilli sauce, vegetable stock powder and crumbled tofu in bowl and stir to combine.
- Heat frying pan over high heat, add tofu mixture and cook, stirring for 5–6 mins.
- Add vegan fish sauce and soy sauce and continue to cook for 2–3 mins.
- Divide noodles between lettuce leaves and top with cooked tofu and pickled cucumber. Top with Thai basil, coriander and peanuts to serve.
Spiced Carrot Dip Recipe
Mad for carrots? We are too! They are a regular player in our snack bag on the run. Try our...
Egg Salad Cos Cups Recipe
Create a fun dish to have at your next picnic that looks impressive! Try our Egg salad cos cups recipe...
Rainbow Salad in a Jar Recipe
Finding ways of eating good food on the go saves money and ensures you make a great choices. Enjoy our...