Tomato and Basil Pasta Recipe
A favourite fast-dinner option in our house is always pasta. What can be quicker and easier than adding pasta to a pot of water, sautéing some onion and garlic with tomato, then tossing it through the cooked pasta. If you are really short on time you can pour over a jar of shop-purchased tomato sauce (please add some grated vegetables, though, as your body needs fresh vegies).
- 1 packet wholemeal spaghetti
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup vegetable stock
- 1 bunch basil, leaves roughly chopped
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- Bring pot of water to boil and add pasta. Cook according to instructions on packet.
- While pasta is cooking, heat large frying pan, add onion and garlic and sauté until soft and caramelised.
- Add tomato, stir and cook for a few mins until soft, then add vegetable stock, stir and reduce until liquid is almost evaporated.
- Add basil and cooked and drained spaghetti. Stir, add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in bowls topped with some nutritional yeast.
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...
Chickpea, Quinoa & Avocado Poke Bowl Recipe
My Chickpea, Quinoa & Avocado Poke Bowl Recipe uses a varied array of colourful vegetables, which means you’re guaranteed a...
Chocolate and Raspberry Smoothie Bowls Recipe
There are plenty of ways to take a humble smoothie bowl recipe from a four-star to a five-star, so choose...
Chocolate Pots Recipe
This is a fantastic recipe to put together quickly so you have a tasty chocolate dessert. Enjoy our delicious Chocolate...