Vegan Beetroot Borscht with Chickpeas and Vegetables Recipe
This traditional beetroot soup incorporates a variety of other vegetables for extra nutrition. It can be eaten cold in the summertime or hot in the winter.
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, cut into small batons
- 6 large mushrooms, sliced
- 6 baby beetroots, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1L vegetable stock
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp arrowroot
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- Heat frying pan. Add onion and garlic and sauté over medium heat for 2 mins with dash of water.
- Add carrot, sliced mushroom and baby beets. Add bay leaf, rosemary sprig, chickpeas and diced tomato. Add vegetable stock and stir through.
- Season with salt and pepper, covered, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Mix arrowroot with ½ cup of water, add to soup, stir well and allow to thicken.
- Meanwhile, add couscous to bowl, cover with boiling water. Cover with cloth and let stand for 5 mins, then fluff with fork and serve with borscht.
Vegan Spaghetti Bolognese Recipe
My mum’s spaghetti bolognese was the best! I could have eaten it every night as a kid; it was my...
Vegan Pumpkin and Zucchini 'No Pasta' Lasagna
In this recipe, I use pumpkin and zucchini for lasagna and a cashew béchamel sauce. Double the recipe and make...
Spelt and Olive Focaccia Bread Recipe
Focaccia bread is one of the easiest breads to make as it requires very little rising time. I’ve topped this...
Sweet Quinoa and Cacao Risotto Recipe
Risotto isn’t just a lunch or dinner meal, it can absolutely be a dessert or breakfast! I’ve combined my go-to...