Vegan Beetroot Borscht with Chickpeas and Vegetables Recipe
This traditional beetroot soup incorporates a variety of other vegetables for extra nutrition. It can be eaten cold in the summertime or hot in the winter.
- 1 red onion, cut into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, cut into small batons
- 6 large mushrooms, sliced
- 6 baby beetroots, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 1½ cups cooked chickpeas
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 1L vegetable stock
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp arrowroot
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- Heat frying pan. Add onion and garlic and sauté over medium heat for 2 mins with dash of water.
- Add carrot, sliced mushroom and baby beets. Add bay leaf, rosemary sprig, chickpeas and diced tomato. Add vegetable stock and stir through.
- Season with salt and pepper, covered, and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Mix arrowroot with ½ cup of water, add to soup, stir well and allow to thicken.
- Meanwhile, add couscous to bowl, cover with boiling water. Cover with cloth and let stand for 5 mins, then fluff with fork and serve with borscht.
Mushroom and Spinach Vegan Quiche Recipe
This eggless quiche is savoury, satisfying, comforting, loaded with vegies and healthy!
Scrambled Turmeric Tofu Recipe
Tofu provides a good dose of the important bone-building minerals, calcium and phosphorus. Taste the scrambled turmeric tofu recipe!
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...
Rainbow Mushroom Poke Bowl by Jacqueline Alwill from The Brown Paper Bag
The Rainbow Poke Bowl delivers your body vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fibre, proteins, carbohydrates, fats and so much more.