Vegan Mushroom Croquettes with Cashew Aioli Recipe
Makes: 8 croquettes
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- ½ cup flour
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups finely chopped mushrooms
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup wholemeal flour
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1½ cups dried polenta
- Cashew aioli
- 1 cups raw cashews
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp apple cider vinegar
- Mix the milk and stock together in a saucepan. Take half a cup of the milk and stock mixture and add it to the flour, mix well to a slurry.
- Add the slurry to the remaining milk and stock mixture and whisk over a high heat constantly until it boils and thickens. Reduce the heat to very low and simmer for 10 mins, stirring occasionally to make a thick paste.
- Meanwhile, sauté the onions and garlic. Then add to the sauce. Sauté the mushrooms and add to the sauce. Add the mustard and oregano and stir well.
- Place the mushroom sauce mixture into a wide shallow bowl then place in the fridge or freezer to cool. Remove from the fridge when completely cooled.
- Get 3 bowls or shallow dishes. Fill the first with wholemeal flour, the second with milk, and the third with polenta.
- Take 2 tbsp of the mixture and, using your hands, roll into a small ball. Repeat with the remaining mixture (will make 8 croquettes).
- Dip each ball briefly into flour, followed by the milk, and then the polenta. Then place on a tray lined with greaseproof baking paper.
- Bake for 20 mins until golden-brown. Then remove from the oven and let cool slightly for 15 mins.
- For the cashew aioli, place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and puree to a very smooth creamy consistency.
- Serve the croquettes with the aioli.
Ceres Organics — Young Jackfruit
Inside this can you’ll find a jackfruit of all trades. It’s a fruit with the mystic ability of a culinary...
Quinoa Rainbow Salad Recipe
This rainbow salad is packed with vitamins, antioxidants and, of course, plenty of flavour for a nutritious lunch that'll nourish...
Pesto, Asparagus & Tomato Risotto Recipe
This green vegan risotto is a great way to enjoy an interesting meal that is a satisfying and nutritious, restaurant-quality...
Gluten-free Smashed Avocado Toast Topped with Roast Veggies Recipe
This deliciously healthy gluten-free take on smashed avo is packed with healthy fats to keep you full and satisfied from...