Vegan Ricepaper Rolls Recipe
I always put fermented vegetables in fresh ricepaper rolls. They add a lovely tang to the filling and a whole lot of gut-supporting goodness, too. The dipping sauce in this recipe is so delicious and so much healthier than anything store-bought.
Makes: 6 rolls, serves 2
- 100g (approx.) vermicelli rice noodles
- 6 sheets ricepaper
- 6 tsp sauerkraut or kimchi
- ½ red capsicum, sliced into 6 strips
- ½ avocado, sliced into 6 strips
- 6 small lettuce leaves, rolled up
- 6 sprigs mint
- 6 sprigs coriander
- Black sesame seeds, to garnish (optional)
- Dipping Sauce
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp rice-malt syrup
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp water
- Pinch chilli flakes, to taste
- Start by putting noodles in bowl and covering with boiling water while you prepare the other ingredients.
- To make dipping sauce, combine all ingredients in small bowl. If sauce is too thick, add a little more water.
- Prepare vegetables on one plate so you can work quickly to assemble each roll. Drain noodles once softened into bowl.
- Wet chopping board so it’s damp. Take a sheet of rice paper and run under lukewarm water so both sides are wet. Lay flat on chopping board (it will continue to soften as it sits).
- Place 1 tsp of sauerkraut or kimchi, a slice of capsicum, avocado, lettuce and sprig each of mint and coriander horizontally across middle of ricepaper, followed by about ¼ cup noodles.
- Fold top half of ricepaper down, then fold sides in and roll towards you, tucking ingredients in to form neat roll.
- Enjoy immediately with dipping sauce. You can also sprinkle with black sesame seeds to serve.
- Tip: If you’re not vegan, feel free to add in seafood or chicken.
Experience spa benefits at home with iHealth Saunas
A Sauna company with a difference, because an iHealth Sauna experience is a retreat in your own home.. iHealth Saunas...
Discover the magic of bird watching
Birdwatching is a diverse and enriching activity. Take in the sights, sounds and scenery of your natural surrounds and immerse...
Do you want to live to be 100? Read these strategies for reaching the milestone
The strategies for reaching this milestone include adequate sleep, maintaining a healthy microbiome, protein and maintaining healthy brain function.
Does your skin need a detox? Here's how to detox your skin naturally.
Your body’s largest organ is its skin and it is an organ that plays a critical role in any detoxification...