Vegetable Curry Pie Recipe
Clive of India curry powder is one of my favourite curry powders when it comes to making pies. When the spices combine with the puff pastry, it’s incredibly moreish. I also love this curry mixture without pastry, in a bowl with brown basmati rice.
Makes: 12 pies
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp Clive of India curry powder
- 500mL wholefood coconut milk (soak ½ cup of coconut flakes in 2 cups water overnight then blend until smooth)
- 500mL vegetable stock
- 500g mixed frozen veg such as peas, corn & carrots
- 300g pumpkin, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 8 button mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 zucchini, diced small
- 4 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ cup wholemeal flour mixed with water to form slurry
- 6 sheets vegan pampas puff pastry
- ¼ soy milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat pot over high heat, add onion and dry sauté (no oil) for few mins. Add garlic, curry powder, coconut milk, stock, frozen and fresh veg, soy sauce and sugar. Mix well. Add flour slurry and constantly stir until mixture boils. Lower heat and simmer for 5 mins.
- Line 2 large 6-hole muffin tins with puff pastry, fill each with curry mix. Place puff pastry lid on top. Brush each top with soy milk.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 mins or until pastry is cooked and golden brown. Remove pies from oven and muffin trays and place on cake rack to slightly cool. Serve.
Spiced Cauliflower with Preserved Lemon
This delicious dish lives and dies by the quality of the curry powder. If you don’t have any on hand...
Quorn™ Foods shares 2 delicious, meat-free recipes
Quorn™ Foods is a global market leader in healthy, sustainable protein. Here, they share 2 delicious recipes.
Broccoli Rabe, Macadamia & Chilli Spaghetti
This simple vegetarian pasta is quick and easy to make and a really tasty, healthy meals that’s perfect for the...
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...