Vegetable Curry Pie Recipe
Clive of India curry powder is one of my favourite curry powders when it comes to making pies. When the spices combine with the puff pastry, it’s incredibly moreish. I also love this curry mixture without pastry, in a bowl with brown basmati rice.
Makes: 12 pies
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp Clive of India curry powder
- 500mL wholefood coconut milk (soak ½ cup of coconut flakes in 2 cups water overnight then blend until smooth)
- 500mL vegetable stock
- 500g mixed frozen veg such as peas, corn & carrots
- 300g pumpkin, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 8 button mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 zucchini, diced small
- 4 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ cup wholemeal flour mixed with water to form slurry
- 6 sheets vegan pampas puff pastry
- ¼ soy milk
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat pot over high heat, add onion and dry sauté (no oil) for few mins. Add garlic, curry powder, coconut milk, stock, frozen and fresh veg, soy sauce and sugar. Mix well. Add flour slurry and constantly stir until mixture boils. Lower heat and simmer for 5 mins.
- Line 2 large 6-hole muffin tins with puff pastry, fill each with curry mix. Place puff pastry lid on top. Brush each top with soy milk.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 mins or until pastry is cooked and golden brown. Remove pies from oven and muffin trays and place on cake rack to slightly cool. Serve.
Vegetarian Cypriot Sausage Recipe
If you’ve followed my work for a while you’ll know I love the challenge of a meat for vego swap...
Lentils and Greens with a Lemony Vinaigrette Recipe
This salad is the perfect main or side dish. It’s loaded with beautiful iron-boosting ingredients like lentils, almonds and greens,...
Iron-boosting Eggplant and Spinach Lasagne Recipe
Who doesn’t love a good lasagne? Even better, who doesn’t love a gluten-free vegie-loaded lasagne? The addition of frozen spinach...
Iron-rich (No) Meatballs with Zucchini Pasta Recipe
(No) meat, no worries! Iron, in the form of non-haem iron, can be found in plant-based foods too so don’t...