Vegetarian cashew and zucchini Indonesian noodles
I absolutely love making this as a delicious vegetarian meal option. It’s tangy, creamy and satisfying, and you can serve it with a few organic tofu cubes stirred through, as a side for fish or chicken or as a stand-alone dish. It all works!
- 130g pad thai rice noodles (uncooked weight)
- Sesame oil
- ¾ cup coriander leaves
- ¾ cup mint leaves
- 1¼ tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 2 tbsp maple or rice-malt syrup
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 280g raw zucchini, spiralised
- ½ cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 cup cashews, crushed roughly, then roasted
- Add noodles to a saucepan of boiling water and cook 4–5 mins until tender. Strain and drizzle with sesame oil to stop from sticking and set aside.
- Meanwhile, blitz coriander and mint in blender until finely chopped, or pound in mortar and pestle. Set aside.
- Stir sauce ingredients together in small cup and set aside.
- Heat large frying pan with sesame oil and coconut oil. Add sauce and bring to boil for 1 min to cook off fishy smell of fish sauce. Add spiralised zucchini and finely blitzed herbs. Toss through rice noodles, separating out with tongs in each hand to ensure they are coated with sauce, and mix well with zucchini. Add crushed, toasted cashews and stir through briefly.
- Place into bowl and garnish.
Spiced Cauliflower with Preserved Lemon
This delicious dish lives and dies by the quality of the curry powder. If you don’t have any on hand...
Quorn™ Foods shares 2 delicious, meat-free recipes
Quorn™ Foods is a global market leader in healthy, sustainable protein. Here, they share 2 delicious recipes.
Broccoli Rabe, Macadamia & Chilli Spaghetti
This simple vegetarian pasta is quick and easy to make and a really tasty, healthy meals that’s perfect for the...
Indonesian-Inspired Banana Omelette for Two
This Indonesian-inspired banana omelette can be made as a sweet or savoury dish. Plus, it's so tasty, we bet you'll...