Veggie Rice Balls Recipe
These wholesome veggie rice balls are rich in dietary fibre and protein and provide plenty of nutrients including beta-carotene, zinc, iodine and magnesium. They make a tasty lunch on-the-go or can be added to a wrap or served with a salad with a dipping sauce like tamari.
Makes: 20 balls
- 1 cup uncooked organic brown rice (approx. 3 cups cooked rice)
- Olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 150g organic firm tofu, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup finely grated carrot
- ⅔ cup corn kernels
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 260g pumpkin or sweet potato, cooked & mashed
- 2 tbsp organic flaxseeds
- 2 tbsp organic toasted sesame seeds + extra to roll balls in
- ¼ cup organic sunflower seeds
- Handful parsley or coriander, finely chopped
- Small handful seaweed flakes such as dulse, kelp, wakame
- 2 tbsp organic tamari or coconut amino acids
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cook rice as per instructions on pack.
- Cook onion, tofu and garlic for 3 mins in a frying pan in olive oil over medium heat. Add carrot, corn and ginger and cook for a further 3 mins, until cooked through.
- In a large bowl add all ingredients and gently combine.
- Make balls using 2 tbsp of mixture. Roll each ball in sesame seeds then place on the baking tray.
- Bake for 40-45 mins until balls are golden brown.
Veggie Soup in a Jar with Flavour Hits Recipe
Looking for an easy on-the-go lunch? This veggie soup in a jar has got you covered, with 3 delicious and...
5-Veg Vegan Ramen Recipe
This vegan ramen is packed with an abundance of different vegetables for a highly colourful and super nutritious dish the...