Vegie Nori Wraps RecipeCredit: Lee Holmes
These wraps are satisfyingly simple. Feel free to make them your own — add any additional vegies you like to the mix. Packing these nori rolls for lunch will keep you nourished and grounded when you’re on the go and they’re just as easy to pull together for dinner for one.
- 1 tbsp tamari
- 2 tsp rice-malt syrup
- 2 nori sheets
- 1 tbsp cashew nut butter
- A few handfuls baby spinach leaves
- ½ cup shredded red cabbage
- ½ large carrot, grated
- ½ large avocado, sliced
- Small handful coriander, chopped
- Combine tamari and rice-malt syrup in small bowl.
- Lay one nori sheet on clean work surface with long side facing you and shiny side down, then evenly spread half of nut butter over it, leaving 3cm border on top side. Spread about one-third of tamari mixture over nut butter.
- Spread tiny bit of tamari on top side to help wrap stay rolled up. Put desired amount of spinach on top of nut butter and tamari layers, followed by half of each of remaining ingredients.
- Be sure not to pile on too much or wrap could break when you roll it up. Roll nori up away from you until sealed.
- Cut into three. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Wrap in plastic wrap, seal in airtight lunchbox and refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Note: Feel free to add or substitute any additional fresh vegies you like.
Discover organic at our Welbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
Roast Broccoli Salad Recipe
Did you know that the aromatic compound of cumin stimulates the production of saliva, while another compound in cumin stimulates...
Steamed Vegetables with Peanut Sauce Recipe
Simple food is always the best. It’s quick to prepare and perfect for you, so close to how nature intended...
Orange and Star Anise Sago Pudding Recipe
You’ll find you won’t need much sweetener with this dessert as both the sago and coconut milk have a sweet...
Mushroom, Tempeh and Black Bean Stir-Fry Recipe
If you enjoy tempeh and Asian cuisine, you’ll love this dish. The black bean sauce gives the ingredients a lovely...