Wakame Cauliflower Fish & Chips Recipe
This tasty dish gives a Japanese twist to a much-loved English favourite, fish and chips. Sea vegetables like wakame are a fabulous source of iodine that the body needs for healthy thyroid function. Cauliflower and potatoes provide plenty of dietary fibre, which helps slow down digestion and the absorption of sugars into the bloodstream. Eating fibre-rich foods with meals can help keep blood sugar levels more balanced. Keep the skins on the potatoes to give this dish an extra fibre boost.
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 medium cauliflower
- 2 organic eggs
- ½ heaped cup panko crumbs (or gluten-free breadcrumbs)
- 2 tsp dried wakame flakes
- Good pinch sea salt & pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & pepper
- Lemon wedges & dipping sauce, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Par-steam potato wedges until they start to soften.
- Cut cauliflower into small florets.
- Whisk eggs in one bowl and place panko crumbs, wakame flakes and sea salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Dip cauliflower florets in egg mixture, then cover well with panko crumbs.
- Place cauliflower and chips on the baking trays. Drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30–35 mins until crispy and cooked through.
- Serve with lemon wedges and dipping sauce.
BBQ Jackfruit Pizza Recipe
Do you want to create a sensation at the dinner table? This vegan jackfruit pizza will blow your dinner guests’...
Asparagus & Fennel Soup with Cumin-spiced Lotus Chips Recipe
Although fennel and asparagus are less common ingredients, this soup combines their flavours beautifully in a unique affair, perfect for...
Ricotta with Eggplant, Olives & Tomato Recipe
Eggplant is such a wonderfully ‘meaty’ vegetable, and makes the ultimate crowd-pleasing starter when teamed with these scrumptious Italian flavours.