Whole Side of Salmon with Brown Butter Sauce Recipe
All you need is a super fresh side of salmon and a little butter, and you will have a show-stopping lunch or dinner prepared with very little effort. Salmon is full of omega-3s for brain power and goes well with many different vegetables, from beetroot to kale to crunchy roast potatoes.
- 1.5kg side of salmon, in 1 piece
- Salt & pepper
- 1 tbsp butter, plus 75g butter
- 2 tbsp finely chopped sage leaves
- 2 tbsp finely chopped marjoram leaves
- 1 tbsp finely chopped parsley leaves
- Sea salt & black pepper
- Heat oven to 200°C. Run clean hands over flesh side of salmon to feel for any stray bones. Pick them out with fish tweezers.
- Season skin with salt and pepper. Heat large oven-proof roasting tin on stove and melt butter. Place salmon skin side down and cook for 5 mins until skin begins to crisp. Season flesh with salt and pepper, then carefully turn over and place in oven.
- Cook for 20 mins until barely cooked through. Time will depend on thickness of fish, so check at 20 mins and then at 5 min intervals until done to your liking.
- While fish is cooking, make sauce. Place butter, sage and marjoram into saucepan and melt over high heat. Swirl pan using a flick of the wrist for 2–3 mins, until melted. Continue cooking for 2–3 mins more until a light-brown colour. Watch it like a hawk because it can burn in a second. Stop just before desired colour as butter will continue to darken slightly.
- Take off heat and immediately throw in parsley. Careful — it may splatter. Pour over salmon and serve.
3 delicious dishes for your dinner party menu
Made with Pearl River Bridge's Superior Light Soy Sauce, these simple yet delicious dinner party dishes will leave your family...
Miso Broccoli & Hot Smoked Salmon Salad Recipe
This miso broccoli and salmon salad is the perfect weekday lunch — it's simple yet fresh, packed with flavour and...
Spicy Salmon Poke Bowl
Most poke bowls call for a raw fish, but cooked pieces of fish go equally well and grab the spicy...
Super seafood: Discover the health benefits of seafood
Seafood is a wonderful source of protein and omega-3 fatty acids. Discover the health benefits of seafood as well as...