Zucchini, Mint and Haloumi Fritters Recipe
These Zucchini, Mint and Haloumi fritters are an easy-to-make dish that are delicious and nourishing finger food for a picnic. You can make them ahead and enjoy them as they are or top them with crème fraîche and smoked salmon for fancier fare.
- 400–500g zucchini, grated & moisture removed
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Handful mint leaves, picked off stems & finely chopped
- 180g haloumi, crumbled
- Zest 1 lemon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Good grind black pepper
- 3 free-range or organic eggs, whisked a little
- 50g besan (chickpea) flour
- 1–2 tbsp ghee, butter or olive oil
- Combine zucchini, onion, garlic, mint and haloumi in large mixing bowl or food processor.
- Add zest, salt, pepper and eggs, and mix to combine.
- Add flour and mix well. The mixture should have the consistency of pancake batter, so add more flour if necessary.
- Add ghee, butter or olive oil to frypan and heat over moderate heat. Add batter (approx. 1 heaped tablespoon) and cook until brown, carefully flipping.
- Serve immediately.
Elevate your immunity with ancient Elderberry
Elderberries are one of the oldest herbal medicines and are especially useful during the cold and flu season. Discover how...
Heart of gold: In conversation with Lola Berry
Living fearlessly from the heart is at the core of Lola Berry’s existence. We sit down with the bestselling author,...
Ginger the great: spicy, warming and powerfully healing
Aromatic, tingling, spicy, pungent and warming, ginger adds bursts of flavour to your cooking, but this plant, favoured around the...
These are the key ingredients for a thriving microbiome
Discover the key to a happy gut with these simple ingredients.