Zucchini, Mint and Haloumi Fritters Recipe
These Zucchini, Mint and Haloumi fritters are an easy-to-make dish that are delicious and nourishing finger food for a picnic. You can make them ahead and enjoy them as they are or top them with crème fraîche and smoked salmon for fancier fare.
- 400–500g zucchini, grated & moisture removed
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Handful mint leaves, picked off stems & finely chopped
- 180g haloumi, crumbled
- Zest 1 lemon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Good grind black pepper
- 3 free-range or organic eggs, whisked a little
- 50g besan (chickpea) flour
- 1–2 tbsp ghee, butter or olive oil
- Combine zucchini, onion, garlic, mint and haloumi in large mixing bowl or food processor.
- Add zest, salt, pepper and eggs, and mix to combine.
- Add flour and mix well. The mixture should have the consistency of pancake batter, so add more flour if necessary.
- Add ghee, butter or olive oil to frypan and heat over moderate heat. Add batter (approx. 1 heaped tablespoon) and cook until brown, carefully flipping.
- Serve immediately.
Vietnamese Meatball Soup Recipe
This Vietnamese meatball soup is a delicious, fuss-free meal that is both nutritious and healing. Enjoy our Vietnamese meatball soup...
Chicken Broth Pho Recipe
Substitute a classic stock with bone broth in this refreshing pho for the ultimate one-bowl meal with our chicken broth...
Ricepaper Rolls Recipe
Get creative! Add any combination of vegetables you like as well as your choice of protein. Enjoy our ricepaper roll...
Roast Sweet Potato, Hummus & Quinoa Poke Bowl Recipe
You’ll notice that a lot of the components of one poke bowl can be used in another. Enjoy my Roast...