Zucchini, Mint and Haloumi Fritters Recipe
These Zucchini, Mint and Haloumi fritters are an easy-to-make dish that are delicious and nourishing finger food for a picnic. You can make them ahead and enjoy them as they are or top them with crème fraîche and smoked salmon for fancier fare.
- 400–500g zucchini, grated & moisture removed
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Handful mint leaves, picked off stems & finely chopped
- 180g haloumi, crumbled
- Zest 1 lemon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Good grind black pepper
- 3 free-range or organic eggs, whisked a little
- 50g besan (chickpea) flour
- 1–2 tbsp ghee, butter or olive oil
- Combine zucchini, onion, garlic, mint and haloumi in large mixing bowl or food processor.
- Add zest, salt, pepper and eggs, and mix to combine.
- Add flour and mix well. The mixture should have the consistency of pancake batter, so add more flour if necessary.
- Add ghee, butter or olive oil to frypan and heat over moderate heat. Add batter (approx. 1 heaped tablespoon) and cook until brown, carefully flipping.
- Serve immediately.
Do you want to live to be 100? Read these strategies for reaching the milestone
The strategies for reaching this milestone include adequate sleep, maintaining a healthy microbiome, protein and maintaining healthy brain function.
Corned Beef Silverside Recipe
A classic corned beef, also known as silverside, screams English comfort food for me. On my English side, everyone loves...
How to grow your own salad greens and why you should
The salad you ate for lunch today may have used more fossil fuel than you did driving to work all...
A Q&A with Renae Smith, owner of Bake Mixes
We speak to Renae Smith, owner of Bake Mixes, an Australian brand who create food packs that you can make...