Zucchini, Mint and Haloumi Fritters Recipe
These Zucchini, Mint and Haloumi fritters are an easy-to-make dish that are delicious and nourishing finger food for a picnic. You can make them ahead and enjoy them as they are or top them with crème fraîche and smoked salmon for fancier fare.
- 400–500g zucchini, grated & moisture removed
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Handful mint leaves, picked off stems & finely chopped
- 180g haloumi, crumbled
- Zest 1 lemon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- Good grind black pepper
- 3 free-range or organic eggs, whisked a little
- 50g besan (chickpea) flour
- 1–2 tbsp ghee, butter or olive oil
- Combine zucchini, onion, garlic, mint and haloumi in large mixing bowl or food processor.
- Add zest, salt, pepper and eggs, and mix to combine.
- Add flour and mix well. The mixture should have the consistency of pancake batter, so add more flour if necessary.
- Add ghee, butter or olive oil to frypan and heat over moderate heat. Add batter (approx. 1 heaped tablespoon) and cook until brown, carefully flipping.
- Serve immediately.
The secret healing power of pineapple
We all know pineapple is deliciously sweet - but did you know about its secret healing power? Read on to...
Why avocados are good for your health
Avocadoes are not only delicious but also a source of healing fats and nutrients.
Do you love avocado? Dr Karen Bridgman shares the health benefits of the fruit
Who doesn't love smashed avocado atop their toast on the weekend? Avocadoes are not only delicious but also a source...
We take a look at Cardamom, "the queen of spices" and its health benefits
Known as the “queen of spices”, the active ingredients in cardamom exhibit a variety of metabolic activities including reducing spasms...