A Q&A with the team behind the Dr Cabot 15-Day Cleanse
Please explain how the Cabot Health 15-Day Cleanse works?
The Dr Cabot 15-Day Cleanse is designed to support gut, liver and immune health. It has three powders: one to boost detoxification and fat burning capacity of the liver; one to reduce acidity and inflammation in the body; and one to soothe and heal the gut lining. The three powders work together to achieve a total body cleanse.
Why should we cleanse?
Our body is equipped with its own detoxification systems (primarily the liver), however our internal detox channels evolved at a time in history when we weren’t exposed to thousands of new man-made chemicals.
Each of us comes into contact with toxins on a daily basis, which accumulate over time and increase the body’s chemical burden. For many people, their liver is not in optimal health; approximately one in three Australians has a fatty liver. This means their detox ability is compromised, gut problems are common, and an overgrowth of bad gut bugs increases gut toxicity.
The Cabot Health Cleanse products were designed to overcome modern health problems by supporting the liver and gut in processing and removing toxins to give the body a spring clean and reduce the load on the liver.
What are some of the ingredients included in the powders and why?
There are many ingredients in the powders which work well together. Some key ones are:
- Glutamine: This is the fuel needed by the intestinal cells to heal. It is excellent for reducing inflammation and helping to repair a leaky gut.
- Chlorella: An algae powder that is very alkalising to the body, protects cell health and has chelation properties.
- Saccharomyces boulardii: A probiotic that helps to kill off pathogenic overgrowth in the gut to create a friendly environment in which the good bacteria can thrive.
- 5-Methyltetrahydrofolate: This is the active form of folate, which is essential for supporting methylation pathways such as detoxification, energy production and sleep cycles.
- Citrus bioflavonoids: These have strong anti-inflammatory properties and support the immune system.
- Golden pea protein: With 98 per cent digestibility and low antinutritional factors, this great protein source helps to balance blood sugar and curb cravings.
Tell us about the recipes in the cleanse program.
The meal plan is a whole food, anti-inflammatory diet to support optimal detoxification and healing. The recipes exclude some ingredients such as gluten and dairy, which are common allergens and can be inflammatory for many people. The recipes are quick and easy to make and full of flavour.
What are your three top tips for a successful cleanse?
- Get organised: Have lots of healthy snacks on hand to get you through any cravings and prep your meals in advance so you aren’t tempted by take-out. If you cook up some meals in bulk, place in a few containers and store in the fridge or freezer.
- Drink plenty of water: Staying hydrated will help your body flush out toxins and will help to keep detox symptoms at bay.
- Ensure you get adequate sleep and rest and try to recruit a friend or family member for support.
Is cleansing safe for everyone?
Our 15-Day Cleanse is very gentle and safe for most people. The average person would benefit enormously from a healthy meal plan and the three nutritional powders. Pregnant women, type 1 diabetics, people with kidney disease or cancer should consult their health care practitioner before commencing.
What are some common roadblocks one might face when cleansing?
- Cravings, so keep lots of healthy food on hand to try to avoid going to places that tempt you.
- Initial fatigue due to withdrawal from sugar, alcohol and caffeine.
- Pressure from family members or friends to “cheat”. For this reason, it’s important to explain to them why you’re doing it and ask for their support.
- We have a free health advisory line, so if anyone has queries or needs advice about getting past their roadblocks during the cleanse, they can call and speak with one of our health team.
What are some of the health benefits cleansers experience with the Cabot Health Cleanse?
We have had some great feedback from many people who have done the cleanse. The key benefits that one might experience from the Dr Cabot 15-Day Cleanse include improved energy, weight loss, a sharper mind, better mood, improved bowel habits and reduction in digestive complaints. Many people become motivated to improve their diet and lifestyle and use the cleanse as a springboard to a healthier life.
A Health Refresh with Cabot Health
Cabot Health is 100 per cent Australian owned and operated. Their doctors and naturopaths are committed to nutritional medicine and...
13 antioxidant foods and how to enjoy them
Antioxidants defend against cell-damaging free radicals, which increase your risk of disease and premature ageing. Including a variety of antioxidant-rich...
Do you want to help save the bees?
Native bee populations are struggling because of loss of habitat and food, often caused by urban and suburban development. The...
How to align with the rhythms of nature
By aligning with the rhythms of nature and connecting to its wisdom, you can channel your inner wild thing in...