Cacao has a lot of benefits and it is a great superfood to have when you want that chocolate taste without the guilt. Similar to processed chocolates, you can enjoy raw cocoa in many ways, including in your pie!
Natalie Zee has created this superfood recipe for those who crave that sweet indulgence!
- ½ cup pitted dates (chopped finely)
- 1 cup raw macadamias (chopped finely)
- ½ cup raw cashews (chopped finely)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 3 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tsp finely grated orange peel
- 4 large ripe avocados
- 3/4 cup Power Super Foods Cacao Powder
- 1 tsp organic vanilla bean paste
- 2/3 cup Power Super Foods Coconut Sugar
- 2 tbsp of melted Power Super Foods Cacao Butter
- Fresh berries, to serve
- Mix all ingredients.
- Press into lined cake tin base or pie plate and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes (If the base doesn’t look as though it will stick, add 1-2 tsp of water to mix and a little more coconut oil).
- Blend all ingredients till smooth and creamy.
- Taste the mix; add more cacao powder or coconut sugar to get desired taste.
- Spread mix on top of base.
- Chill for 1-2 hours, use a sharp knife to cut small slivers (it’s very rich). Enjoy!
To find out more about the benefit of Cacao, read our interview with Power Super Foods here.