2 delicious dinner ideas from Stoney Creek
Packed with the health benefits of Omega 3, Protein, Fibre and Lignans, our Flaxseeds, Oil, Flour and Meal add a smooth, nutty taste to smoothies, dressings, cereal, yogurt, baked goods (Meal & Flour only) and more. Stoney Creeks Pyrenees Grapeseed Oil has a unique flavour and high smoking point makes this oil ideal for garnishing or pan searing, your meats.
Smoked Salmon Salad
- 1 green zucchini
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 1 tbsp Stoney Creek Grapeseed Oil
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 capsicum, sliced into batons
- 1 leaf silver beet
- ½ beetroot, grated
- 200g cooked smoked salmon fillet
- Juice ½ lemon
- ¼ cup Stoney Creek Flaxseed Oil
- 1 Thai chilli
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Honey, to taste
- Parsley, to taste
- Slice zucchini into strips and place into frying pan with Stoney Creek Grapeseed Oil.
- Cook zucchini on medium–low heat for 3–5 mins or until soft to touch.
- Once cooked place on plate with remaining salad ingredients and smoked salmon.
- To make sauce, add lemon juice to Stoney Creek Flaxseed Oil and stir until mixed together.
- Add remaining ingredients to taste (depending how sweet or spicy you like it) and pour over salmon and salad.
Meatballs with Chilli Tomato sauce
- 6–7 big sauce tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup Stoney Creek Grapeseed Oil
- 2 capsicums, quartered
- 1½ tsp minced garlic
- 1–4 bird’s-eye Thai chillis, sliced thinly
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 600g beef mince
- 1 brown onion, diced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Small pinch dried oregano
- 1 tbsp Stoney Creek Flaxseed Meal
- 2 tbsp Stoney Creek Flaxseed Meal mixed with 4 tbsp water
- Place all sauce ingredients into pressure cooker (or regular saucepan, which might extend cooking time).
- Place on medium heat for 10 mins, checking every 5–10 mins and stirring.
- Continue cooking until desired thickness and taste, and set aside to cool.
- For meatballs, preheat oven to 180°C.
- Knead all meatball ingredients together for 2–3 mins or until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Roll into balls of desired size and place into saucepan with Stoney Creek Grapeseed Oil on medium heat.
- Cook all sides evenly until golden brown.
- Transfer into casserole dish (or similar), and pour sauce over top.
- Place into oven for 20–25 mins.
- Remove and serve with mashed potatoes or pasta of choice.
For more information visit stoneycreekoil.com.au
Smoked Salmon with Zucchini Pasta Recipe
This gluten-free zucchini pasta recipe is perfect for summer days when you're craving pasta without that heavy carb feeling.
3 delicious afternoon tea recipes
Sink your teeth into these delicious snacks, made using locally- and responsibly-sourced flour from The Good Harvest Co., for the...
3 deliciously cheesy summer dinner recipes
These tasty dinner essentials are made using Aussie-made, Italian-style cheese from That’s Amore and are sure to become regulars in...