2 delicious dinner ideas from Stoney Creek
Packed with the health benefits of Omega 3, Protein, Fibre and Lignans, our Flaxseeds, Oil, Flour and Meal add a smooth, nutty taste to smoothies, dressings, cereal, yogurt, baked goods (Meal & Flour only) and more. Stoney Creeks Pyrenees Grapeseed Oil has a unique flavour and high smoking point makes this oil ideal for garnishing or pan searing, your meats.
Smoked Salmon Salad
- 1 green zucchini
- 1 yellow zucchini
- 1 tbsp Stoney Creek Grapeseed Oil
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 capsicum, sliced into batons
- 1 leaf silver beet
- ½ beetroot, grated
- 200g cooked smoked salmon fillet
- Juice ½ lemon
- ¼ cup Stoney Creek Flaxseed Oil
- 1 Thai chilli
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Honey, to taste
- Parsley, to taste
- Slice zucchini into strips and place into frying pan with Stoney Creek Grapeseed Oil.
- Cook zucchini on medium–low heat for 3–5 mins or until soft to touch.
- Once cooked place on plate with remaining salad ingredients and smoked salmon.
- To make sauce, add lemon juice to Stoney Creek Flaxseed Oil and stir until mixed together.
- Add remaining ingredients to taste (depending how sweet or spicy you like it) and pour over salmon and salad.
Meatballs with Chilli Tomato sauce
- 6–7 big sauce tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup Stoney Creek Grapeseed Oil
- 2 capsicums, quartered
- 1½ tsp minced garlic
- 1–4 bird’s-eye Thai chillis, sliced thinly
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 600g beef mince
- 1 brown onion, diced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Small pinch dried oregano
- 1 tbsp Stoney Creek Flaxseed Meal
- 2 tbsp Stoney Creek Flaxseed Meal mixed with 4 tbsp water
- Place all sauce ingredients into pressure cooker (or regular saucepan, which might extend cooking time).
- Place on medium heat for 10 mins, checking every 5–10 mins and stirring.
- Continue cooking until desired thickness and taste, and set aside to cool.
- For meatballs, preheat oven to 180°C.
- Knead all meatball ingredients together for 2–3 mins or until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed.
- Roll into balls of desired size and place into saucepan with Stoney Creek Grapeseed Oil on medium heat.
- Cook all sides evenly until golden brown.
- Transfer into casserole dish (or similar), and pour sauce over top.
- Place into oven for 20–25 mins.
- Remove and serve with mashed potatoes or pasta of choice.
For more information visit stoneycreekoil.com.au
Za’atar & Labneh Pizza
This classic combination is in its glory here with a simple and easy snack that can be quickly prepared with...
Roasted Nectarines with Vanilla Labneh
A simple dish that can be adapted to include other fruit such as peaches, apricots or pear.
Citrus, Labneh & Walnut Syrup Cake
A citrusy delight with a honey-based syrup to keep the cake moist and lovely. The labneh adds a richness and...