4 recipes made with crunchy Whole Grain Thins
These WHOLE GRAIN THINS™ Ancient Grains pop like popcorn to make a delicious crispbread with a crisp enticing texture, moreish grain and nutty taste. They are perfect paired with your favourite toppings. Available in the biscuit aisle of most Woolworths stores.
Nectarine & Brown Sugar Muffins
Makes: 12 muffins
- 150g packet WHOLE GRAIN THINS™ Ancient Grains
- ¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 100g butter, room temperature + extra for greasing
- 150g raw caster sugar
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 200g low-fat natural yoghurt
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 3 nectarines, diced
- GF oats and demerara sugar, to decorate (optional)
- Preheat a conventional oven to 180°C and line a standard 12 hole muffin tin with liners.
- Place the Ancient Grains slices in a food processor and blend until they resemble a fine crumb. Stir in the bicarbonate of soda.
- Use a stand mixer or handheld beater to beat butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking each one in with a tbsp of the Ancient Grains fine crumb. Use a spatula to fold in the remaining crumb, then fold in yoghurt and vanilla until combined.
- Very gently fold through the nectarine.
- Divide the mixture evenly between prepared muffin liners then sprinkle with oats and demerara sugar. Bake for 30-35 mins until golden in colour and a skewer inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Ancient Grains Muesli Bars
Makes: 12 bars
- 100g rolled oats
- 8 WHOLE GRAIN THINS™ Ancient Grains slices, roughly crushed
- 150g plain flour
- 200g caster sugar
- 200g chopped dried fruit (we used apricots and figs)
- 50g mixed seeds (we used sunflower seeds and pepitas)
- 125g butter, plus extra to grease tin
- 50g honey
- 1 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- Sea salt
- Preheat a conventional oven to 180°C and grease and line a 20x30cm baking tin.
- Combine oats, Ancient Grains slices, flour, sugar, fruit and seeds in a large bowl and mix well.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter and honey, melt over a low heat then add bicarbonate of soda and vanilla, and mix well to coat all of the dry ingredients. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Press the mixture into the tin, flatten the surface then bake for 30-35 mins until golden.
- Allow to cool completely in the tin then remove and cut into 12 rectangular bars.
Avocado, Boiled Egg & Watercress
- 2 eggs
- 3 WHOLE GRAIN THINS™ Ancient Grains slices
- ½ large avocado, mashed (for a bit of tang, add a dash of lime juice, vinegar or salad dressing)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Boil eggs for about 10 mins, then put aside to cool. Once cool, slice.
- Spread smashed avocado across the Ancient Grains slices, then top with slices of boiled egg and watercress.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Baked Sweet Potato with Mint, Pomegranate, Pumpkin Seeds & Feta
- 1 small sweet potato
- Olive oil
- 6 WHOLE GRAIN THINS™ Ancient Grains slices
- 100g Feta
- Seeds from one pomegranate
- Pumpkin seeds
- Mint leaves
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Slice sweet potato into thin wedges, then place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Rub a little olive oil onto each side of the slices, season, then place in the oven for about 45-60 mins, or when slices are soft and golden.
- Once cooked, put aside to cool. Any unused sweet potato can be stored in the fridge for a few days.
- To assemble, simply layer roasted sweet potato slices onto each Ancient Grains slice, then sprinkle on feta, pumpkin seeds and pomegranate seeds, finally garnish with some mint leaves. Enjoy!
For more information visit cornthins.com