Broccoli Rabe Tart
Broccoli rabe works so nicely in a tart like this as it doesn’t get lost; it stands up for itself flavour-wise among the other ingredients. This would also work well as more of a “spanakopita”, where you could just use lots of shredded broccoli rabe in place of the other vegies. Either way, this is another example of the versatility of this wonderful vegetable.
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 brown onion, peeled & sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped garlic
- ½ bunch broccoli rabe
- Handful cherry tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup grated cheese of choice
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line an overproof dish, tart tray or baking tray.
- Lay one sheet filo pastry in dish and brush roughly with olive oil.
- Lay second piece on top and repeat. Repeat with last two sheets.
- Sauté onion over medium heat until soft. Add garlic and cook for 1 min.
- Sprinkle mix evenly over pastry.
- Roughly chop and scatter broccoli rabe over top and add cherry tomatoes.
- In separate bowl, whisk eggs, mustard and paprika together with a couple of pinches of salt.
- Stir in grated cheese and tip evenly over rest of ingredients.
- Fold over sides of pastry to create a little folded edge around the outside — the tart will be relatively flat.
- Bake for around 20 mins, or until egg is cooked through.
Mango & Passionfruit Tart
Mangoes and passionfruit are both excellent sources of vitamin C to help support a strong functioning immune system and healthy...