Cabbage & Potato Gratin
Cabbage and potato combine here for a delicious bake that can work well as a side or as the main event. My secret is pre-cooking the potatoes as I always find they take too long cooked from raw in this way — and I never have the patience to wait!
- ½ white or green cabbage
- 2 large potatoes, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled & chopped
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup plain yoghurt
- ½ cup Gruyère, grated
- ¼ cup parmesan, grated
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs (gluten-free if required)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Slice cabbage into ribbons and place onto baking tray, drizzling with a little olive oil and sprinkle of salt.
- Roast for 10–15 mins, until cabbage is beginning to soften and caramelise.
- Meanwhile, place potato slices into saucepan of boiling water and simmer for 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Place cabbage in baking dish and add garlic, tossing to combine.
- Sprinkle half Gruyère onto cabbage mixture. Layer sliced potatoes over top.
- Whisk together milk, yoghurt and remaining Gruyère in bowl and pour over potatoes, pressing down to allow mixture to seep through layer of potatoes. Bake in oven for 1 hr.
- 10 mins before end of cooking time, remove dish from oven and sprinkle over parmesan and breadcrumbs before returning to oven to brown.
4 vegan treats the whole family will love
Made using Ulu Hye creamy plant-based alternatives, these vegan treats are set to become your go-to for family gatherings —...
Celeriac Pasta with Herbed Tomato Sauce Recipe
If you need a change from zucchini linguini, this healthy vegan pasta dish may be your answer. Celeriac may not...
3 flavour-packed dishes to add to your mid-week rotation
Elevate your mid-week menu with these exciting, flavour-packed dishes, made using Tilda's nutty and wholesome Basmati Rice for a satisfying...