Carrot & Banana Muffins
These muffins are delicious as they are or iced with the simple cream cheese icing below. They make a lovely, wholesome snack at any time, but dressed up with a little icing they are transformed into a very welcome party snack.
Makes: 10 muffins
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup honey or maple syrup
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana
- 1½ cups grated carrot
- 4 free-range eggs
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 125g cream cheese
- ¼ cup coconut milk or yoghurt
- Honey, to taste
- Place oil, honey, spices, vanilla extract, banana, carrot and eggs into blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into large bowl and add remaining ingredients, stirring to combine.
- Transfer into patty pans and bake for 25–30 mins or until skewer inserted into muffin comes out clean.
Chicken, Thyme, Vegetable Sausage Rolls
These sausage rolls are simple to make and are sure to become a kid’s party favourite. They make a great...
Lamb, Mint & Raisin Meatballs
These are a great snack at a kids’ party, especially if you also have adults attending. They are tastier than...
If you're having a kids' party, these can be made a few days in advance and then heated up on...
Mini Vegie Quiches
These mini vegie quiches are perfect for staving off the crazy sugar high at kids' birthday parties! Simply fill them...