You’ve had a long day. You’re dead on your feet and forgot to eat lunch. All you want is a nourishing, nurturing dinner that’s ready in under 20 minutes — is that too much to ask? Nope. Using frozen dumplings and ready-made stock, this delicious and comforting bowl of goodness can be in your hand in under half an hour.
- 1L chicken stock
- 2 tsp coconut aminos or soy sauce
- 2cm-knob ginger, sliced thickly
- 1 lemongrass stem, crushed lightly
- 1 bunch baby buk choy, sliced in half longways
- 500g bag frozen chicken dumplings
- Spring onions and chilli to garnish
- Place broth ingredients into a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 5 mins.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the ginger slices and lemongrass.
- Blanch bok choy in the broth for 2 mins and then remove.
- Bring the broth back to a high simmer and add the dumplings, in batches if necessary, and cook for 8 mins.
- Divide the bok choy among 4 bowls and add dumplings to each bowl.
- Ladle the broth over the top and garnish with spring onion and chilli.
- Eat while piping hot.
- Note: Swap the broth and the dumplings to vegetable alternatives to easily make this dish vegetarian.