This is a slightly different take on a curry in that you do a lot of the prep work first, and then it all comes together at the end. Endlessly versatile, substitute in any protein you like — I’ve used prawns, but you could use tofu, chicken or fish.
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 1cm slices then into finger-sized strips
- 1 red capsicum, sliced into large strips
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into 1–2cm slices
- 12 prawns or 200g firm tofu or protein of choice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp green curry paste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1–2 kaffir lime leaves
- ½ stick lemon grass, bruised
- ½ bunch Asian green vegetables of choice
- ½ bunch spring onions, cut into 8–10cm lengths
- ½ cup cashews
- Large handful baby corn
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- Chilli, to taste
- ½ bunch coriander laves
- Handful basil leaves (optional)
- Sprinkle eggplant with a little salt and set aside.
- Heat frying pan to medium-high and add a little oil. Lay strips of eggplant in pan and cook until soft and cooked on one side. Flip and cook other side, then set aside.
- Repeat with capsicum, zucchini and prawns or protein of choice.
- Meanwhile, place 1 tbsp olive oil and curry paste in small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until fragrant and then add coconut milk, kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass and ½ cup water.
- Simmer over low heat for 10–15 mins to let flavours mingle.
- Optionally, set curry aside until just before mealtime — even preparing it the day before if desired.
- When ready to prepare meal, heat frying pan with a little olive oil and add Asian greens, spring onions, cashews and corn.
- Cook for a couple of mins and then add cooked vegetables and prawns or protein to heat through.
- Pour curry sauce over and add fish sauce and chilli if using.
- Taste and add salt if needed.
- Serve topped with fresh coriander alongside your favourite grain.
3 hearty, warming recipes from Angove Winery
From Australia’s leading organic winery, Angove, Organic Riesling is sourced from “heritage vines” and is crystal clear with a light...
Eggplant and Green Bean Curry Recipe
You'll love the soft creaminess of eggplant and sizzling spices in this dish.