Guilt-free, indulgent recipes from Lakanto
Lakanto is a responsibly sweet, all-natural, one-for-one sugar replacement sweetener that cooks, bakes, and tastes like sugar, with 93 per cent fewer calories. Lakanto Monkfruit Classic is a white sugar replacement, while Lakanto Monkfruit Golden is a brown or raw cane sugar replacement.
GF, V, VG
- 1 cup cocoa butter
- ½ cup virgin coconut oil
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ¼ cup Lakanto Monkfruit Classic Sweetener, ground to a powder
- Pinch of salt
- Inclusions of choice: freeze-dried strawberries, nuts, choc chips, dried fruit
- Melt all ingredients for chocolate bark in small saucepan over low heat until fully melted. Remove from heat and stir until mixture starts to cool.
- Once chocolate starts to thicken as it cools, line baking tray with baking paper and pour chocolate over. Scatter inclusions evenly on top.
- Place in the freezer to set before breaking into pieces.
- Keep refrigerated or frozen.
Chocolate Mud Cake
- 1 cup butter
- 200g dark unsweetened or no-added-sugar chocolate
- 1 cup Lakanto Monkfruit Classic Sweetener
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 1½ cups plain flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 200mL full-fat cream
- 100g dark unsweetened or no-added-sugar chocolate
- 2 tbsp Lakanto Monkfruit Classic Sweetener
- Preheat oven to 160C. Grease 23cm cake tin with butter.
- In medium saucepan melt butter, chocolate and Lakanto Monkfruit Classic Sweetener.
- Whisk mixture until smooth, then add the cocoa and water.
- Combine and sieve flours.
- Add eggs to chocolate mix and fold in dry ingredients.
- Pour into cake tin and bake for 50 mins or until skewer inserted into centre comes out clean.
- Remove from tin and allow to cool on rack.
- Meanwhile, make ganache. Heat cream and add chocolate and Lakanto Monkfruit Classic Sweetener in saucepan over medium heat, taking care not to boil. Allow to cool until it starts to thicken.
- Cut cake into two layers, spread ¼ of ganache on one layer and place the other half on top.
- Spread remaining ganache over top evenly, allowing ganache to flow over sides, and smooth out until entire cake is covered.
- Place in fridge and allow ganache to set before serving.
Lemon Drizzle Cake
- 2 cups almond meal
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 8 tablespoons Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener
- 4 medium eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp almond milk
- Juice 1½ lemons
- 1 tbsp finely grated lemon zest
- Sliced almonds, to decorate
- Preheat oven to 150C and line loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place almond meal in large bowl with bicarb and salt and stir to combine.
- Place softened butter in bowl with 5 tbsp Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener.
- Cream butter and Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener together to smooth paste and add eggs and vanilla extract. Beat to combine until smooth by hand or in mixer.
- Place dry and wet mixtures in food processor, add almond milk, lemon zest and ½ the lemon juice. Blend on low to create a smooth cake batter.
- Pour batter into lined loaf tin and smooth over. Bake for 40–45 mins until toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean.
- Leaving cake in tin, place remaining Lakanto Classic Monkfruit Sweetener and remaining lemon juice in small bowl and mix to combine.
- Use skewer to pierce multiple holes across the top of the cake, about halfway down into the sponge. Pour lemon and sweetener mixture over top of warm cake.
- Remove cake from tin to cool. Scatter with sliced almonds before serving.
For more information visit lakanto.com.au
Danish Apple Cake Recipe
This low-sugar, wholegrain rendition of a Danish apple tea cake offers a deliciously nutty treat that's quick, healthy and sure...
3 plant-based desserts for a guilt-free after dinner treat
Sweet treats don't have to mean processed junk. These recipes are deliciously indulgent while providing a hit of fibre, protein...
3 deliciously sweet recipes from Lakanto
Lakanto is a responsibly sweet, all-natural, one-for-one sugar replacement sweetener that cooks, bakes, and tastes like sugar, with 93 per...