Spiced Roasted Cauliflower with Chickpea Salad Recipe
This show-stopping salad is really easy to put together. The most difficult part is making sure the cauliflower is cooked properly. Packed with loads of glorious fibre, calcium, B vitamins, iron and vitamin C, this dish will literally make your life better.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 120g tahini
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- ½ garlic clove, peeled & finely chopped
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- ½ pomegranate
- ⅓ cup almonds, lightly toasted
- ¾ cup parsley
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Carefully cut as much cauliflower stem away as you can, leaving florets intact. Place on lined baking tray.
- Combine spices and salt with oil and brush over cauliflower, covering as much surface as you can.
- Bake for 60-90 mins. This will vary depending on size of cauliflower. When cooked, you will be able to stick knife into it with little resistance and it will be browned on top. If browning too quickly on the surface, cover for part of cooking time.
- While cauliflower is cooking, make tahini dressing by combining ingredients in bowl.
- Make salad by combining the chickpeas, pomegranate seeds, almonds and parsley with a drizzle of olive oil and pinch of sea salt.
- Serve arranged together as shown in picture or cut individual pieces of cauliflower and mix with salad topped with dressing.
Discover organic at our Wellbeing Directory
Like what you read?
Sign up for a weekly dose of wellness
3 nutritious and delicious vegetable recipes by Pete Evans
Vegetables are wonderful foods, but “very good vegies” are sustainably grown, nutritious, delicious and easy to cook with. Here, paleo...
9 Australian bush foods you should be eating for your health
We import “superfoods” from exotic lands but Australia’s own native foods hold their own in the medicinal and flavour stakes....
Foraging for fresh, sustainably farmed wholefood in Tasmania
Fresh food, farmed sustainably and garnished by foraged edibles, is on the rise around Hobart, meeting demand for healthy spreads...
Want optimal health and beauty? Carla Oates shares her favourite good fats
Carla Oates from The Beauty Chef reveals how healthy fats are must-haves for optimal health and beauty.