Spiced Roasted Cauliflower with Chickpea Salad Recipe
This show-stopping salad is really easy to put together. The most difficult part is making sure the cauliflower is cooked properly. Packed with loads of glorious fibre, calcium, B vitamins, iron and vitamin C, this dish will literally make your life better.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 120g tahini
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- ½ garlic clove, peeled & finely chopped
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- ½ pomegranate
- ⅓ cup almonds, lightly toasted
- ¾ cup parsley
- Olive oil
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Carefully cut as much cauliflower stem away as you can, leaving florets intact. Place on lined baking tray.
- Combine spices and salt with oil and brush over cauliflower, covering as much surface as you can.
- Bake for 60-90 mins. This will vary depending on size of cauliflower. When cooked, you will be able to stick knife into it with little resistance and it will be browned on top. If browning too quickly on the surface, cover for part of cooking time.
- While cauliflower is cooking, make tahini dressing by combining ingredients in bowl.
- Make salad by combining the chickpeas, pomegranate seeds, almonds and parsley with a drizzle of olive oil and pinch of sea salt.
- Serve arranged together as shown in picture or cut individual pieces of cauliflower and mix with salad topped with dressing.
Are you an emotional eater? These expert tips might help
How you feed your feelings can have a direct impact on your wellbeing. Often, emotional hunger has less to do...
5 healthy whole grains to add to your weekly food plan
A triple treat — nutritious, delicious and numerous — grains are powerhouses of nourishment and each of the many varieties...
How to align your diet with the seasons
Fruits and vegetables can travel a long way and be stored for a long term before you buy them. That’s...
Why you should be eating more walnuts
Walnuts are a tasty snack that’s a good source of protein as well as healthy fats that protect your heart....